101-year-old female passes away while cooking herself a meal

(Meredith Image)< img src =" /wp-content/uploads/2017/10/15031691_G.png" alt ="( Meredith Image)"

title =” (Meredith Image) “border =” 0 “width =” 180″/ > (Meredith Image). MELROSE, Mass. (AP)– Authorities state a 101-year-old rural Boston female passed away when a stovetop fire spread through her cooking area and sparked her clothing.

The Massachusetts Fire Marshal’s workplace and the Middlesex District Attorney’s office didn’t launch the victim’s name. She passed away Wednesday in her house in Melrose, about 10 miles north of Boston.

Melrose Fire Chief Christopher Leary used his department’s acknowledgements in a statement regreting “a sad end to a long, vibrant life.”

Leary states firefighters found the female’s body on the ground floor of the two-family home. She was alone and appeared to have been cooking herself a meal.

Officials state the residence had no working smoke detector.

State Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey states it’s the second fire death this year involving an elderly lady who was cooking.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This product might not be released, broadcast, reworded or rearranged.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *