Five burning concerns for UNLV’s football video game versus Idaho State at 6 p.m. Saturday at Sam Boyd Arena:
1. Exists any reason UNLV will not win? If the Rebels build on what were at times guaranteeing play in the very first three games, yes. However UNLV fans understands the school’s current history against Football Champion Community groups isn’t the best.
2. Exactly what’s the key this weekend? The Rebels need to be aggressive and get off to a strong start. They have permitted FCS groups to hang around, and that has actually led to two losses then last season a success over Northern Colorado that felt like a defeat.
3. How excellent is Idaho State? Challenging to inform. This is a group that averaged 40.3 points per video game last period, but hasn’t discovered its rhythm this year. The Bengals can putting it together, however, and UNLV has to hope that does not occur this weekend.
4. Will UNLV quarterback Blake Decker get it done Saturday? He won’t face cornerbacks like he saw at Michigan. They didn’t allow the Rebels’ wide receivers to get open. Decker needs to have more opportunities versus the Bengals.
5. Is the Rebels’ defense that showed up at Michigan the one that will keep showing up? Exactly what should give UNLV fans hope is the defense had its strong minutes versus Northern Illinois and UCLA, too. However the defense gave up some plays in all three video games as well. How it plays against Idaho State will certainly be informing for the rest of the period.
Contact Mark Anderson at [email protected]!.?.! or 702-387-2914. Follow him: @markanderson65