1. CARLITO’S BURRITOS Once you’ve made your choices at Essence next door, more temptations wait for at this eastside New Mexican fave. We suggest the packed sopapilla with pork verde, the chile rellenos and the huevos rancheros … or maybe all 3? 4300 E. Sundown Roadway, 702-547-3592.
2. CORNISH PASTY CO. It’s less than a 4 minutes’ walk from Thrive Marijuana Market to these scrumptious savory pastries stuffed with lamb, chicken tikka masala, carne adovada and a whole lot more. 10 E. Charleston Blvd., 702-862-4538.
3. EATT GOURMET RESTAURANT For foodies who like doobies, Eatt– which sits adjacent to Apothecarium– rustles up elevated casual grub at reasonable costs. 7865 W. Sahara Ave. # 104, 702-608-5233.
4. PHAT PHRANK’S This south Valley Mexican joint serves addictive wet burritos (chile verde!) and tortas (adobada!), ideal before or after a see to Medizin 2 doors down. 4850 W. Sunset Road # 120, 702-247-6528.
5. TONKATSU KIYOSHI Crunchy fried pork or chicken in numerous types– cutlet dinners, sliders or curry-coated– equals a really satisfying follow-up for an afternoon check out to close-by Ecstasy Health. 7780 S. Jones Blvd. # 103, 702-837-7300.