Category Archives: Top News In Las Vegas

Mother arrested after boy has 323 medical facility sees, 13 surgeries

DALLAS (AP/Meredith)– A Texas lady who consistently took her healthy 8-year-old kid to the hospital has actually been jailed and accuseded of injury to a kid.

Throughout her boy’s young life, 34-year-old Kaylene Bowen had declared the kid was dying from an uncommon congenital disease, fighting cancer and in requirement of a lung transplant, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Ryan Crawford, the kid’s dad, said he aimed to convince family court judges that his son was not ill, but they agreed the mom.”It was always the very same story: Christopher is passing away. The father does not need to be around because he doesn’t know how to take care of him.” Crawford said in an interview with the Telegraph. “Each time I went to court, they made me seem like I was the worst human ever.”

Medical records reveal Christopher was seen 323 times at various medical centers and went through 13 significant surgical treatments in between 2009 and 2016, according to a Child Protective Providers petition. Authorities declare Bowen taught her boy to say he was ill.

The kid had been placed on oxygen and, sometimes, utilized a wheelchair. He was also fitted with a feeding tube, which resulted in life-threatening blood infections. Court files exposed Bowen put Christopher in hospice care around the time she tried to get his name on the lung transplant list.

Bowen likewise created a page on Youcaring.com to cover medical costs. She raised more than $8,000 in contributions.

Medical personnel at a Dallas medical facility informed authorities to Bowen after identifying her son didn’t have cancer or a number of the symptoms she had declared, according to the Telegraph.

In one circumstances, physicians told CPS that Bowen declared the young boy had suffered a seven-minute seizure, but an EGG machine showed no such activity. When they connected to another healthcare facility in Houston where Christopher got treatment, they learned healthcare facility staff there was likewise suspicious about Bowen.

The problem triggered a CPS review and criminal investigation.

Authorities removed Christopher and his 2 half-siblings from Bowen’s care last month. The 8-year-old was admitted to a hospital where he had no seizures and no need for a feeding tube, inning accordance with an affidavit acquired by the Telegraph.

Although not formally identified, the accusations against Bowen fit the model of Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a mental illness where a person exaggerates or develops medical signs to acquire attention.

Bowen remains in Dallas County jail on $150,000 bond following her Dec. 6 arrest.

Her attorney, public protector Christi Bustos, hasn’t returned a message looking for comment.

__

Info from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, http://www.star-telegram.com Copyright 2017

The Associated Press. All rights booked. This material may not be published, broadcast, reworded or redistributed.

Wynn buys former Alon Resort website on Las Vegas Strip

The signs from the Encore and Wynn are shown in an undated image. (File) The indications from the Encore and Wynn are displayed in an undated image.( File). LAS VEGAS( FOX5) -. Wynn Resorts has actually reached an agreement to buy the previous

Alon Resort website in Las Vegas. The company will buy about 38-acres of land located straight throughout from the Wynn Las Vegas, it includes the 34-acre previous New Frontier, formerly the Alon Resort Site.

The overall expense of the acquisition is $336 million.

Wynn Resorts stated the future development of the land will draw more visitors to the north end of the Strip and its collection of the existing resorts, consisting of the Wynn Las Vegas and Paradise Park which is slated to begin building at the start of 2018 on the site of the previous Wynn Golf Course.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Guy shot, killed near Stone Highway

Metro officers at the scene of a homicide investigation in east Las Vegas on Dec. 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/15620622_G.jpg" alt= "City officers at the scene of a murder investigation in east Las Vegas on Dec. 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5)"

title=" City officers at the

scene of a murder investigation in east Las Vegas on Dec. 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5)” border=” 0″ width= “180”/ > Metro officers at the scene of a murder examination in

east Las Vegas on Dec. 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5). LAS VEGAS( FOX5) -. Las Vegas City authorities stated they are investigating a homicide scene in the east part of town Tuesday night. Officers stated a guy was found shot to death in the 3600 block of Twain Circle, near Stone Highway and Nellis Boulevard, simply after 10 p.m

The victim remained in his 20s and located by authorities inside a trailer at that location. He was shot numerous times, according to authorities, and pronounced deceased at the scene.

Murder detectives said witnesses informed them that a number of males went into the trailer searching for the victim before gunfire was heard.

The suspects included did not stay at the scene of the criminal offense. They were described as black males wearing dark hoodies and blue denims.

City officers have actually been called to this location in the past with reports of previous substance abuse.

Nevertheless, cops could not confirm in their preliminary examination if Tuesday night’s shooting was indeed drug-related.

Stay with FOX5 for ongoing updates on this developing story.

Copyright 2017 KVVU( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Crash eliminates 3, hurts 6, suspected DUI driver jailed in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) –

Las Vegas Metro police stated they are examining after a suspected impaired motorist struck and eliminated three pedestrians and injured numerous others in a series of car crashes on Wednesday.

Officers responded to the occurrences at about 3:15 p.m. at the hectic intersection of South Eastern Avenue and East Flamingo Roadway.

Citing evidence and witness declarations, authorities stated a 2003 Ford Exploration, driven by 31-year-old Daniel Becker, was taking a trip southbound on Eastern Opportunity south of Viking Roadway when he struck the back of a 2016 Ford Mustang. Becker did not stop at the scene and headed southbound where he hit the back of a 2001 GMC Jimmy on Eastern Avenue north of Flamingo Road. Becker continued southeast crossed over a center mean and struck 3 pedestrians who were strolling inside a significant crosswalk. Becker headed south where he hit a 2017 Honda CR-V that was traveling westbound on Flamingo Roadway. 3 other vehicles were struck by particles. Becker continued south and struck a 2008 BMW 5 Series and a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado that were taking a trip northbound on Eastern Avenue. The Chevrolet traveled south and strike a 2004 Honda Accord. Debris struck a 2006 Dodge Durango and a 2015 Toyota Tacoma.

Authorities said all 3 pedestrians, aged 19-. 49-, and 69-years-old, were noticable dead at the scene. Six people were taken to regional health centers for treatment. One person remained in critical condition. The others had small injuries.

Becker displayed indications of disability and was scheduled into the Clark County Detention Center, authorities said. Records revealed he deals with numerous charges consisting of 3 counts of driving under the impact leading to death, one count of driving under the impact resulting in substantial bodily harm, and four counts of careless driving leading to death or substantial physical damage.

“Everybody needs to make certain they are enjoying their driving habits, and making certain something like this doesn’t occur to them and utilize profundity,” Metro Officer Larry Hadfield said in a quick interview.

Authorities validated there was no proof to support reports of a shooting associated to the crash.

“It was merely a disaster,” said Campbell Jansen, who experienced the crash. “Looked like a war scene! Awful loss of life.”

Roadways were expected to be closed in the location of Eastern Avenue and Flamingo Roadway through Wednesday night. Cops advised motorists to utilize an alternate route on Tropicana Avenue or Desert Inn Road for east-west travel.

The incident stays under investigation.

SEE the cops press conference listed below.

Copyright 2017 KVVU(KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Hell'' s Cooking area restaurant on Vegas Strip accepting bookings

Screenshot of Hell's Kitchen restaurant proposed entrance. (Caesars Entertainment)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/15623892_G.jpg" alt =" Screenshot of Hell's Cooking area dining establishment proposed entrance.( Caesars Entertainment)
Screenshot of Hell's Kitchen restaurant proposed dining room. (Caesars Entertainment)” title=” Screenshot of Hell’s Cooking area dining establishment proposed entrance.( Caesars Home entertainment)” border=” 0″ width=” 180″/ > Screenshot of Hell’s Kitchen restaurant proposed entrance.( Caesars Home Entertainment ). Screenshot of Hell’s Kitchen area restaurant proposed dining space.( Caesars Home Entertainment ).< img src=" http://kvvu.images.worldnow.com/images/15623902_G.jpg" alt=" Screenshot of Hell's Kitchen

restaurant prepared opening date.

( Caesars Entertainment)” title= “Screenshot of Hell’s Cooking area restaurant prepared opening date.( Caesars Home entertainment)” border=” 0 “width=” 180″/ > Screenshot of Hell’s Kitchen area dining establishment planned opening date.( Caesars Entertainment ). LAS VEGAS( FOX5) -. The world’s first Hell’s Kitchen restaurant is taking reservations ahead of its grand opening. Visitors can dine at the dining establishment, well-known from Gordon Ramsay’s struck TV series’ Hell’s Cooking area’ on FOX, starting Jan. 16. Representatives of the property stated visitors will feel as if they were transported to the studio set of the program as the dining establishment is created to be an immersive experience.

” A key element of the program’s success has always been the diners’ experience, so we are excited for visitors in Las Vegas to seem like they too become part of the show– flames and all,” said Ramsay.

Hell’s Kitchen area will be Ramsay’s 5th dining establishment in Las Vegas and inhabit the previous area of Serendipity 3, in front of the Caesars Palace hotel-casino.

The 8,000-square-foot restaurant will seat almost 300 visitors, provide a daily lunch, supper menu with a showcased kitchen area. It will likewise feature floor-to-ceiling windows for views of the Vegas Strip.

” Fans of the program have been asking us to bring a Hell’s Kitchen area restaurant to life given that the first day, so I’m thrilled to lastly be doing it here at Caesars Palace,” stated Ramsay.

The dining establishment’s main grand opening is set to take place on Friday, Jan. 26 with festivities starting at 4 p.m., according to dining establishment representatives.

Caesars is accepting restaurant reservations < a href =

” https://www.caesars.com/caesars-palace/restaurants/hells-kitchen#_blank” > here. Copyright 2017 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Cops: Crash kills 3, injures 7 at Flamingo and Eastern

A fatal crash shut down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017. (FOX5)< img src =" /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/15626138_G.jpg" alt =" A fatal crash closed down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017.
A fatal crash shut down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017. (Photo: LVACS)( FOX5) “title=” A fatal crash closed down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017. (FOX5)”

border=” 0 “width=” 180″/ > A fatal crash closed down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017.( FOX5).< img src=" http://kvvu.images.worldnow.com/images/15626142_G.jpg "alt =" A deadly crash shut down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017.( Picture: LVACS) "title=" A fatal crash shut down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13,

2017.( Picture: LVACS)” border =” 0″ width=” 180″/ > A fatal crash closed down Flamingo Rd. at Eastern Ave. on Dec. 13, 2017.( Photo: LVACS ). LAS VEGAS( FOX5) -. Metro police were examining a fatal crash that left three people dead and seven hurt in Las Vegas Wednesday afternoon. The crash occurred around 3:10 p.m. at the hectic intersection of South Eastern Opportunity and East Flamingo Road.

Cops stated of the 7 people harmed, 2 were seriously hurt. The accident appeared to involve an impaired driver, however the event was still under investigation, inning accordance with cops. It was unclear the number of vehicles were associated with the crash.

” Everyone needs to make certain they are seeing their driving routines, and ensuring something like this doesn’t take place to them and utilize good judgement,” City Officer Larry Hadfield stated in a quick press conference.

Authorities confirmed there was no evidence to support reports of a shooting associated to the crash.

” It was simply a disaster,” said Campbell Jansen, who witnessed the crash. “Looked like a war scene! Horrible death.”

Roadways were expected to be closed in the area of Eastern Opportunity and Flamingo Roadway through Wednesday night. Cops advised motorists to utilize a detour on Tropicana Opportunity or Desert Inn Road for east/west travel.

No even more information were right away released.

VIEW the authorities interview listed below.

Copyright 2017 KVVU( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Las Vegas male shot and eliminated after jumping off balcony

LVMPD officers investigate the scene of a deadly shooting Dec. 11, 2017 (FOX5). LVMPD officers investigate the scene of a fatal shooting Dec. 11, 2017 (FOX5).

LVMPD officers examine the scene of a lethal shooting Dec. 11, 2017 (FOX5 ). LAS VEGAS( FOX5 )- Las Vegas Metropolitan Cops stated someone is dead after a shooting near Vegas Valley Drive and Nellis Boulevard Monday night. Officers reacted to reports of a shooting on the 4600 block of Vegas Valley Drive in southeast Las Vegas at 7:09 p.m. A man with numerous gunshot injuries was found on the residential or commercial property and was transferred to Sunrise Healthcare facility where he was pronounced dead about 30 minutes later on.

Lt. Dan McGrath said the suspect began shooting from outside the apartment complex and forced his method into the victim’s system. A fight ensued between the two guys and in an effort to get away, the victim jumped from the terrace.

The suspect chance at the victim seven to eight times as he ran and struck him two times. The suspect got away the scene and is still exceptional. Authorities stated the shooting might be drug-related which the suspect and victim knew each other.

” It appears like someone went there for a particular reason,” McGrath stated.

A female and a 7-year-old kid who were inside the apartment or condo at the time of the shooting are being held as witnesses.

Cops described the suspect as an adult guy weighing about 140 pounds, 5′ 6″ high who used a bulletproof vest at the time of the shooting.

The identity of the victim will be launched by the Clark County Coroner.

Stay with FOX5 for updates.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Presume detained for fatal stabbing of 21-year-old guy near Craig, Lamb

Thomas Cash, 52, faces one count of murder with a deadly weapon (FOX5 / LVMPD).< img src =" /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/15617373_G.jpg" alt =" Thomas Cash, 52, faces one count of murder with a deadly weapon (FOX5/ LVMPD).
Metro Police said they're investigating a stabbing that killed a 21-year-old man near Craig Road and Lamb Boulevard. (Austin Turner / FOX5)” title=” Thomas Money, 52, faces one count of murder with a deadly weapon( FOX5/ LVMPD). “border=” 0″ width=” 180″/ > Thomas Cash, 52, deals with one count of murder with a lethal weapon (FOX5/ LVMPD)

. City Cops stated they’re examining a stabbing that killed a 21-year-old guy near Craig Roadway and Lamb Boulevard.( Austin Turner/ FOX5). LAS VEGAS (FOX5 )-. Las Vegas City police jailed a suspect wanted for a stabbing that eliminated a 21-year-old man near Craig Road and Lamb Boulevard Dec. 11. Officers jailed 52-year-old Thomas Money on one count of murder with a deadly weapon. Money was booked into the Clark County Detention Center where he waits for a 48-hour hearing on Dec. 13.

Metro officers initially responded to reports of a stabbing on the 4000 block of Pistachio Nut Avenue at 6:54 p.m. The victim was found depending on the street and was noticable dead by medical responders.

Lt. Dan McGrath stated a battle started between the victim and his girlfriend prior to Money intervened and stabbed him.

The identity of the victim will be released by the Clark County Coroner.

Stay with FOX5 for the latest information.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

This 6-year-old YouTuber made $11M in 2017

The host of a popular YouTube channel, Ryans ToysReview, raked in $11 million this year. He even made the number 8 spot on Forbe’s list of highest-paid YouTube stars in 2017– and he’s just 6 years old.

The family-run channel revolves around Ryan having fun with toys and evaluating them for his 10 million fans. The channel description on YouTube checks out,

“Ryan loves Toys. Toys Evaluation for kids by a kid!Join Ryan to see him have fun with toys and review toys for kids!He likes Vehicles, Trains, Thomas and good friends, Lego, Superheroes, Disney toys, open surprise eggs, play doh, Pixar Disney vehicles, Disney Planes, beast trucks, minions, playtime at the fun, household fun experience and so a lot more!”

The videos typically feature Ryan playing with a brand-new toy and offering enthusiastic commentary while his parents ask him exactly what he thinks. Here’s the channel’s most popular video from April 2016. It’s titled, “HUGE EGGS SURPRISE TOYS OBSTACLE Inflatable water slide Disney Cars Toys Paw Patrol Spiderman”– and it’s been seen more than a billion times.

Mobile users click here for the video.