Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018|10:48 p.m.
LOS ANGELES– Jeremy Piven, who has actually strongly rejected accusations of sexual misconduct from at least 3 ladies, is facing further accusations that date back years, an online news website reported Saturday.
3 additional women claim Piven acted in a physically aggressive or threatening manner, BuzzFeed News reported in a story that included the actor’s rejection of the accusations as “incorrect.”
The women stated they were speaking up because of aggravation over Piven’s previous rejections.
One occurrence apparently included a high school trainee working as an extra in 1985 on Piven’s first film, “Lucas,” when he was 17. The other encounters happened in the 1990s, BuzzFeed stated.
2 of the females are determined in the BuzzFeed story. The third, described as an executive with a global organization, asked that her name be kept, the website stated.
A press agent who had been representing Piven referred ask for comment to his supervisor at Silver Lining Home Entertainment in Beverly Hills. A call to the company’s noted phone number by The Associated Press wasn’t answered Saturday night.
A legal representative representing Piven didn’t immediately respond to an emailed ask for remark.
One woman informed BuzzFeed that Piven followed her into a set trailer, held her down and tried to grope her. She fended him off and left, she stated.
Another said she satisfied Piven in 1996 when he was appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres comedy “Ellen” and she was an additional. She explained a consensual romantic encounter at Piven’s house that altered when he apparently exposed himself and tried to force himself on her, BuzzFeed reported.
The third lady alleged that Piven pushed her against a hotel space wall in Montreal in the early 1990s and tried to require himself on her, BuzzFeed reported.
The Associated Press kept the names of the 2 females recognized in the story because it does not typically name people who say they were targeted by sexual misconduct unless it has their approval.
In a declaration to BuzzFeed, Piven stated the claims “are false. … I have never ever required myself on anyone, nor have I ever exposed myself or restrained anyone versus their will. To the contrary, if any female ever said no, I stopped.”
Last fall, The New York Times released claims of sexual harassment and assault against Hollywood magnate Harvey Weinstein, who has actually rejected any non-consensual sex. The report released a series of allegations versus other popular males in home entertainment, media and politics.
A number of the males facing claims have actually lost their tasks or work. Piven’s freshman CBS police procedural, “Wisdom of the Crowd” was left up in the air after 13 episodes aired and the network said in November it would not expand its order, however didn’t say outright that the show was canceled.