Josh Duggar seeks to join sis' ' personal privacy suit

Tuesday, June 6, 2017|1 p.m.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark.– Reality TELEVISION personality Josh Duggar faced “baseless public examination” after a magazine revealed that sisters informed police they had been molested by him years previously, legal representatives for Duggar said in a problem in which he looks for to join his sis’ breach-of-privacy lawsuit over the revelation.

4 of Duggar’s sis are suing the city of Springdale and Washington County, Arkansas, and publishers of InTouch Weekly, which first revealed their identities.

The brother or sisters were amongst the “19 Kids and Counting” on the TLC reality reveal that chronicled the individual life of Arkansas parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. The show was pulled from the network after reports appeared in 2015 that Josh Duggar had molested sis Jill Duggar Dillard, Jessa Duggar Seewald, Jinger Duggar Vuolo and Joy Duggar, in between March 2002 and March 2003 when they were minors.

The sisters state private investigators promised them privacy after a confidential tipster reported that their sibling had actually molested them and a babysitter. Attorneys for the siblings state the city and county breached that promise when the magazine gotten documents that made it simple to recognize the sisters. The magazine obtained the files through a public-records demand. The sis declare InTouch then exposed them globally.

Josh Duggar’s grievance– submitted Friday in U.S. District Court in Fayetteville– states the discoveries forced him “to relive agonizing memories and experiences.” His attorneys also said he “was also based on the embarrassment and severe psychological suffering of being openly recognized.”

The sis’ attorneys have stated the lawsuit has to do with safeguarding children who have been abused.

“Revealing juvenile identities under these circumstances is undesirable, and it’s against the law. The media and custodians of public records who let these kids down need to be held liable,” the sis’ lawyers stated in a statement last month.

The Associated Press left messages Tuesday looking for comment from agents for the city, county and the publication.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *