Monday, March 26, 2018|5:05 p.m.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP)– A toxicology report from Prince’s autopsy, acquired Monday by The Associated Press, reveals he had what several professionals called an “exceedingly high” concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died.
Prince was 57 when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016. Public data released six weeks after his death showed he passed away of an unintentional overdose of fentanyl, an artificial opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.
A private toxicology report obtained by the AP offers some insight into simply what does it cost? fentanyl remained in his system. Specialists who are not linked to the Prince examination stated the numbers leave no doubt that fentanyl killed him.
” The quantity in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a persistent discomfort client on fentanyl spots,” said Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medication at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He called the fentanyl concentrations “a quite clear cigarette smoking gun.” The report states the concentration of fentanyl in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter. The report discusses that fatalities have actually been documented in individuals with blood levels varying from 3 to 58 micrograms per liter.
The report likewise says the level of fentanyl in Prince’s liver was 450 micrograms per kilogram, and keeps in mind that liver concentrations greater than 69 micrograms per kilogram “seem to represent overdose or deadly toxicity cases.” There was also exactly what professionals called a potentially deadly amount of fentanyl in Prince’s stomach. Dr. Charles McKay, president of the American College of Medical Toxicology, stated typically speaking, the findings recommend Prince took the drug orally, while fentanyl in the blood and liver suggest it had a long time to distribute prior to he died.
Professionals say there is no “deadly level” at which fentanyl can eliminate. A person who takes prescription opioids for a long period of time builds up a tolerance, and a dosage that might kill one person may assist another.
Search warrants launched about a year after Prince’s death showed authorities found numerous tablets in numerous containers around his home. A lab report obtained by the AP shows a number of the pills tested positive for fentanyl and other drugs. Info that has actually been launched publicly indicates the source of those drugs hasn’t been identified.
Recently, the lead prosecutor in the county where Prince died said in a statement that he was reviewing law enforcement reports and would decide on whether to charge anybody “in the near future.”