Published Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017|8:34 p.m.
Updated 46 minutes ago
RENO– A suspect is in custody after opening fire for a minimum of 20 minutes Tuesday night at a skyscraper of high-end condos in Reno, however there are no reports of any injuries, authorities said.
The shots were fired at the Montage, a structure in downtown Reno where SWAT groups and news vans gathered. The structure is surrounded by a few of the city’s better-known gambling establishments and was as soon as a casino itself prior to it was converted into high-end condominiums, according to its site.
Reno authorities tweeted that they were answering reports of a possible active shooter prior to tweeting about a half-hour later that the suspect had been apprehended and there were no injuries reported.
Trooper Chris Kelley of the Nevada Highway Patrol informed the Reno Gazette-Journal that shots were spoken with the building for a minimum of 20 minutes, and TV news press reporters stated they heard numerous shots after getting here.
The shooting, which was originating from an upper floor, instantly brought comparisons to the deadly mass shooting two months earlier in Las Vegas, which is 450 miles south.
On Oct. 1, a gunman eliminated 58 people from a perch at Mandalay Bay.
“When you heard it’s coming from above it reminds you of the man shooting from Mandalay Bay,” stated Mike Pavicich, who remained in town on service from Las Vegas and was standing atop a parking lot at the surrounding Eldorado Resort Gambling establishment when the shots rang out.
“It’s scary, you understand?” Pavicich told the Gazette-Journal. “This is the exact same kind of town.”