Mario Lopez participates in “Vegas Nocturne” at Rose. Bunny. Lie. in the Cosmopolitan on Friday, April 11, 2014, in Las Vegas.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015|10:23 a.m.
Last Cantos of ‘Vegas Nocturne’
Launch slideshow “
The Kats Report Bureau has yet to set up at Eastside Lounge in Repetition Las Vegas, but possibly it’s time to discover a station there over the next couple of weeks.
An explanation follows in this newest raking of the scene:
– The Spiegelworld Production “Vegas Nocturne” lives on, if in a scaled-back kind. The show that closed a year ago at Rose. Bunny. Lie. in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is set for a one-off Thursday night at the Slipper Room in New York. The production also played, in a reduced capability, at that club in October.
This is “VN3,” as Spiegelworld creator Ross Mollison explains, and the program is a brief series of sketch-comedy-based acts designed to keep the “Vegas Nocturne” production afloat as a show and brand. The difference between now and then, Mollison states, exists will certainly be “41 fewer cast members” in the show in New York.
Penn & & Teller on Broadway
Introduce slideshow “
– Years ago, Teller stated that Mac King, in his 15 years as a headliner at Harrah’s, was the only sleight-of-hand magician who might regularly deceive him. That quality would appear to provide King a likelihood to trick Rio headliners Penn & & Teller in Monday night’s edition of “Fool Us,” the contest show on the CW. The program airs at 8 p.m.
. The trick itself is to be a surprise to audiences as well as Penn & & Teller. As King stated in a statement, “This was such an amazing opportunity to deal with Penn & & Teller given that we have actually understood each other for so long.
“We have actually seen each other’s programs in Las Vegas a variety of times, so picking a technique that they had not seen before shown to be a challenge. The one that I wound up choosing was one that I understood they would take pleasure in attempting to figure out.”
– One of the excellent images taken down prior to the closing of the Riviera was a shot of Elvis and Engelbert Humperdinck at the hotel after one of Humperdinck’s shows in 1972. The two were excellent pals, and Humperdinck was back in the area recently to visit Elvis’ old haunt, Westgate Las Vegas (formerly Global and Las Vegas Hilton), while submitting a documentary about his life and 50-year career.
Humperdinck carried out at the Hilton theater for almost a decade and recorded scenes from the stage because since-renovated showroom. He also saw “Elvis: The Exhibition” at the Westgate and reportedly took pleasure in the traipse down memory lane.
– An act whose heart is in the best place and who has sufficient rock ‘n’ roll chops, Careless in Vegas, is now established in Las Vegas, and frontman Michael Shapiro is taking on Cabaret Jazz in the Smith Center for the Carrying out Arts. Shapiro has booked 8 p.m. Aug. 14 for a full-blown production of his rock trio playing such timeless ’60s Las Vegas remakes of “Luck Be a Woman Tonight,” “My Method,” “Danke Shoen,” “Everybody Enjoys Somebody At some time” and “Mr. Bojangles.”
It’s Vintage Vegas, run through an Eco-friendly Day filter, and, as the band showed in previous appearances at Downtown Grand, a great deal of enjoyable. Those who acquire tickets by Aug. 1 are in line to win a brand-new Apple Watch (instead of an antique Apple Watch, I suppose), so struck the Smith Center website at TheSmithCenter.com or call -LRB-702-RRB- 749-2000.
– Janien Valentine, understood for her recent role in Frankie Scinta’s stage show and, formerly, as a vocalist in Clint Holmes’ program at Harrah’s, is performing three shows at Eastside Lounge. Her dates are Aug. 3-4. Valentine likewise has appeared onstage in “Notre Dame de Paris” and “Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.”
Terrific talent, and these shows at Eastside are complimentary for residents.
Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino
Carnival lasts all year at the Rio. With a float occasionally passing overhead and dropping beads while feathered dancers fire up the gamblers below, the Rio attempts to keep its 120,000-square foot gambling establishment jumping with excitement. Unique Brazilian mixed-drinks are also served throughout the gambling establishment. The hotel suites tend to be larger than similar priced spaces on the Strip and many offer outstanding views with floor to ceiling windows.
The Rio offers some quality reveals like “Penn & & Teller” and “Chippendales.” Lots of pertained to the Rio for the nightlife at the VooDoo Lounge, located on the 51st floor, or McFadden’s Irish Club on the casino level.
Others come for a bit relaxation at the Rio Health spa or pool location and still others concern patronize the hotel’s 60,000 square feet of stores. In each of these ventures, the Rio tries making the experience a bit more enjoyable and spontaneous.
The Rio also offers visitors a variety of dining choices from all-American food at the All-American Bar & & Grille to Gaylord India Dining establishment for something a little spicier and even Carnival World Buffet for the indecisive.
3700 W. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89103
Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas dares to be various. From the hotel’s red reservations desks to art found throughout the resort, The Cosmopolitan’s signature style is helping to pave its own course on the Las Vegas Strip.
Upon getting in the resort, you’re welcomed by pillars of video boards playing video art by Digital Kitchen and David Rockwell Studio specifically produced for The Cosmopolitan. Simply beyond that, you’ll find all your favorite casino video games on the resort’s 100,000-square-foot gambling establishment floor.
The Cosmopolitan’s spaces standout as the resort’s most distinct feature. About 2,220 of The Cosmopolitan’s 2,995 spaces have 6-foot deep terraces that span the length of the space, a first at a contemporary Strip hotel. Other in-room amenities consist of soaking tubs, kitchen spaces and quirky accessories like artsy coffee table books.
The dining experience at The Cosmopolitan isn’t something you’ll discover at other Strip resorts, either. All The Cosmopolitan’s 13 restaurateurs are new to the Las Vegas market. You’ll discover American steakhouse fare in a contemporary setting at STK, top-notch sushi at Blue Bow Sushi Bar & & Grill and the freshest fish flown in from the Mediterranean daily at Estiatorio Milos.
Whether the sun is up or down, Marquee Bar & & Dayclub is the place to find the celebration at The Cosmopolitan. The venue is a dayclub/nightclub, full with a pool and cabanas outdoors and 3 different spaces with three various vibes inside.
If nightclubs aren’t your thing, you can get a drink at one of The Cosmopolitan’s five other bars, like The Chandelier, which is enclosed in 2 million dripping crystals.
3708 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109
Follow John Katsilometes on Twitter at Twitter.com/ JohnnyKats. Also, follow “Kats With the Meal” at Twitter.com/ KatsWiththeDish.