Tag Archives: attempted

Cops state male attempted suicide after killing lady in west valley

Police investigated a homicide near Oakey and Decatur boulevards on March 16, 2018. (Roger Bryner/FOX5)
< img alt=" Cops examined a homicide near Oakey and Decatur boulevards on March 16, 2018. (Roger Bryner/FOX5)"

title=" Cops investigated a murder near Oakey

and Decatur boulevards on March 16, 2018.( Roger Bryner/FOX5)” border =” 0″ src =” /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16336475_G.png” width=” 180″/ > Police examined a homicide near Oakey and Decatur boulevards on March 16, 2018. (Roger Bryner/FOX5). LAS VEGAS( FOX5 )-.

Las Vegas City police stated they were investigating after a female’s body was found inside a house Friday evening. Officers reacted at 8:37 p.m. to the 1900 block of Cameron Street, near Oakey and Decatur boulevards, after getting a require a welfare check from a member of the family after they had not spoken with her for a number of days.

Cops stated officers reached the home and found the garage door open. Once inside, they discovered a woman in her 60’s deceased with stab wounds in the dining room, covered in a blanket.

Officers found John Vannucci, 62, inside a bed room where he had actually taken pills in an attempt to end his life. He was required to UMC Trauma and has actually been booked in absentia at the Clark County Detention Center for open murder.

Police stated the male and female understood each other.

Investigators think the woman may have been deceased in the home for approximately 2 days.

The identity of the victim, along with the cause and manner of death, will be launched by the Clark County Coroner’s Workplace.

Copyright 2018 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Las Vegas police examine attempted sexual attack during party at Dana White’s home

(FOX5 FILE)
< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/15833113_G.jpg" alt= "( FOX5

FILE) "title=

“( FOX5 FILE)” border= “0” width=” 180 “/ >( FOX5 FILE). LAS VEGAS( FOX5 )-. Las Vegas City cops stated they are examining a report of an attempted sexual attack at UFC President Dana White’s house.

Authorities confirmed to FOX5 that the occurrence reportedly occurred throughout a party involving juveniles.

Previously on Friday, police confirmed it was at White’s home. In the current statement, they stated White and his family are “not included.”

Everybody included is working together and private investigators are performing interviews, cops stated.

Authorities stated they received the report on Tuesday.

Additional information were not immediately released.

We are awaiting an on the record response from the UFC.

Stay with FOX5 and FOX5Vegas.com for advancements.

Copyright 2018 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

'' That ' s a show car! ' Chauffeur confesses he attempted to run individuals over near Las Vegas school

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) –

The 24-year-old driver implicated of aiming to run over 2 people Friday said rocks tossed at his automobile provoked him, inning accordance with City Cops.

In his arrest report, Clay Green informed police that 2 “unidentified males” tossed rocks at his vehicle, breaking his windscreen, so he tried to run them over. A City officer asked Green if he thought running individuals over who tossed rock at his car was ok, and he reacted, “Hell yeah, that’s a program automobile!”

A video taken by a witness showed Green in an orange Ford Mustang aiming to run people over near Walter Johnson Junior High School Friday afternoon.

Authorities stated the occurrence started as an argument between 2 pals. The suspect then attempted to run over the victim and struck a number of cars near the school situated near Alta Drive and Buffalo Drive.

The witness said throughout the chase, the lorry kept owning in circles and at one point, an automobile that was struck impacted an individual close by. The reckless driver then ran onto the yard and got stuck.

“It was a civil disagreement in between me and my sibling,” Green said in an interview Monday.

“I wasn’t attempting to harm them, I just wanted to frighten them,” Green said.

Green stated the battle started when his sibling took his car without asking. Green declared his bro also took his pack of cigarettes and five dollars.

Inning accordance with the arrest report, the woman he was chasing after was at a house with Green’s bro. There, he was driving quick and stopped quickly almost striking everybody there. The lady, who was pregnant, informed authorities she was upset and chewed out Green. That’s when he turned his attention on her and began chasing her through the area. The lady said she didn’t know Green, aside from that he was her pal’s bro.

Throughout his pursuit, the female fell, and another lady in a van went out and helped her up. When the woman Green was chasing saw there were kids in the van, she stated she wouldn’t get in due to the fact that Green was going to strike it with his car, the report said.

The lady saw a male in a cars and truck close-by and requested for his assistance. While she was attempting to get in his car, Green slammed into the chauffeur’s side of that car. That motorist left his car and he and the lady started running, circling the van to escape Green, according to the report. Green struck the van, which then struck the guy, triggering him to fall. The woman then ran toward the school, where Green’s car got stuck.

A security personnel pulled Green out of the Mustang and began battling with him, a witness said. A number of school assistants then assisted pin Green down outside of the vehicle.

The lady and guy both suffered small injuries to their legs, and the lady in the van may have broken her arm when Green struck her van, police stated.

The occurrence taken place while students were leaving school, putting them in threat. Cops charged Green with two counts of attempted murder and battery with a lethal weapon.

Green informed police it was not tried murder saying it was only “attempted vehicular manslaughter.”

Stay with FOX5 and FOX5Vegas.com for developments.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Dad states individual attempted to get naked images from daughter on music app

CHICAGO (WGN/CNN)– An Illinois father is cautioning other parents about a predator he said aimed to get his child to undress on a music sharing app.

Brad Frakes stated his 7-year-old child was utilizing the Musical.ly app to make music videos with her buddies.

“They make wacky little videos with wacky faces,” he said. “It was just a really fun thing till this occurred.” Frakes said somebody who claimed to be 9 years of ages messaged his daughter and asked her to send photos without her clothes on.

When she said no, whoever lagged the screen apparently told her to go to the bathroom and just take some.

“We taught her that if anybody asked her to reveal herself in ways that she was uncomfortable with, that she concerns us and let us know,” said Flakes. “Which’s precisely what she did.”

Her papa posted the exchange on Facebook wanting to warn other parents, and it’s already been shared more than 80,000 times.

A spokesperson for Musical.ly stated parents need to be utilizing the device-based parental controls to see exactly what their kids are doing at all times. The app, described as the world’s largest creative platform, said it isn’t really meant for kids younger than 13.

Frakes stated his 7-year-old daughter was using the app on his spouse’s phone and was carefully kept track of.

He stated when his child was just 5-years-old, he and his wife informed her about the prospective threats on the web.

“It goes to reveal that she does listen,” said Flakes. “Her space stays a mess like I tell everybody, but for this, she in fact focused and our company believe that she’s probably conserved a great deal of kids’ lives.”

Regional cops are examining the case and warning moms and dads to teach their children good online habits.

Moms and dads, to get more information about Musical.ly’s neighborhood guidelines and constraints, click on this link.

TM & & © 2017 Cable television News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Business. All rights booked.

Police targeted by gunfire after attempted break-in in southeast valley

Published Wednesday, July 12, 2017|5:21 p.m.

Updated 4 hours, 52 minutes ago

A minimum of a single person chance at police officers who were investigating a tried theft at a house in the far southeast valley, inning accordance with City Cops.

No injuries had actually been reported Wednesday afternoon, police stated.

Officers were dispatched about 2:40 p.m. to the 5000 block of Droubay Drive, near the Clark County Wetlands Park, police stated.

Cops state they believe the individual who fired at them is still inside your house.

More information were not right away readily available.

Man eliminated in attempted home intrusion recognized

Crime tape at the scene of a homicide on East Sahara Avenue apartments on April 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/04/13610867_G.jpg" alt= "Criminal activity tape at the scene of a homicide on East Sahara Opportunity apartments on April 13, 2017. (Luis Marquez/FOX5)"

title=" Crime tape at the scene of a homicide

on East Sahara Opportunity homes on April 13, 2017.( Luis Marquez/FOX5 )” border= “0” width =” 180″/ > Crime tape at the scene of a homicide on East Sahara Opportunity homes on April 13, 2017.

( Luis Marquez/FOX5). LAS VEGAS( FOX5 )-. Authorities have actually recognized the male eliminated in a tried house intrusion event from early Thursday morning. Officers were called to the Arcadia Palms Apartments, situated at 3655 East Sahara Avenue, at about 1 a.m. with reports of a home intrusion.

Metro said a male living at an apartment or condo inside the complex told officers he shot an intruder in self-defense after a tried burglary.

The Clark County Coroner’s Office said 27-year-old Marquis Johnson, of Las Vegas, was eliminated in the incident and died of numerous gunshot injuries.

This shooting was the 46th homicide examined by Metro in 2017.

Detectives said the situation stays under investigation.

Stay with FOX5 for additional updates on this story.

Copyright 2017 KVVU( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Californian faces attempted murder charge after brawl at XS

A California guy is dealing with tried murder charges after a brawl at XS Nightclub resulted in 3 individuals being stabbed early in the morning on Labor Day, according to Las Vegas cops.

Khanh Xuan Nguyen, 28, deals with three counts of attempted murder and two counts of attack with a fatal weapon in a stabbing at the club in Repetition, police said. Investigators believe it was gang-related.

Individuals were punched, metal buckets were thrown and metal poles were swung during the fight at the nightclub’s pool area, which Metro said included 12 to 14 individuals.

However the 2 males and a lady who were stabbed did not press charges, cops said.

All Michael Nguyen informed investigators was that he remained in the Dragon Family gang. Linda Nguyen and Henry Phem were not “extremely upcoming with details,” police stated. All 3 were hospitalized, and Michael Nguyen remained in important but stable condition after surgery.

Updated conditions weren’t available Wednesday, but cops haven’t been informed of any individual passing away, Metro spokesperson policeman Laura Meltzer said.

Authorities were called to the club, 3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South, about 3 a.m. on Sept. 7, according to City call logs.

When policemans showed up to the swimming pool location, a “large number of Asian males” were leaving the club, cops stated.

Khanh Nguyen was seen by club security and later on in cellular phone video footage, filmed by a club guest, stabbing individuals, police stated.

A spokeswoman for Encore deferred concerns about security protocols and how a knife made it into the club to cops.

Meltzer stated Metro concluded its examination and that the case was turned over to the Clark County District Attorney’s Office and the court system.

A 2015 Labor Day Weekend “recap” video on XS’s YouTube account shows a packed pool area with individuals dancing in the water while DJs performed. David Guetta played Sunday night’s “Night Swim” event.

Contact Ricardo Torres at [email protected]!.?.! and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites

Metro Authorities searching for suspect in attempted bank robbery

Friday, Sept. 11, 2015|4:12 p.m.

Metro Police identified this man as a suspect in the attempted robbery of a bank near Sahara Avenue and Fort Apache Road on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015.

City Police determined this male as a suspect in the tried burglary of a bank near Sahara Opportunity and Fort Apache Roadway on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015.

City Authorities are looking for a man they say attempted to rob a bank Thursday near Sahara Avenue and Fort Apache Road.

He revealed a teller a small, black pistol and required cash, cops stated. The teller pulled back from the window, and the male ran away with no cash, authorities stated.

Cops described the suspect as thin, about 5 feet 5 inches tall and in his 40s. He was using a black Beast Energy long-sleeved hooded sweatshirt, blue denims and white shoes.

Anyone with ainformation can call City’s burglary area at 702-828-3855. To stay anonymous, contact Criminal offense Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or online at crimestoppersofnv.com.

Cops: Suspect shot, eliminated during attempted burglary

Friday, Aug. 7, 2015|7:20 p.m.

. A man was fatally shot Wednesday as he and 2 other suspects attempted a break-in near McCarran International Airport, according to City Authorities.

Cops were called about 9:30 p.m. to the 5000 block of Spencer Street, near Tropicana Opportunity, where the guy was found with gunshot wounds, authorities stated.

The male was apparently with 2 other suspects who approached a vehicle as a male and woman were leaving, cops said.

When the suspects pulled a gun on the woman and demanded her purse, the male motorist of the vehicle went out with a pistol and fired several shots, police said.

The hurt suspect was taken to Dawn Medical facility and Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

The 2 other male suspects left the scene on foot and have actually not been captured by police.

Info on the case will be submitted for review by the Clark County District Attorney’s Office, however the male who fired the shots was not jailed, authorities said.

The identity of the suspect will certainly be launched by the Clark County Coroner’s Workplace.

Anyone with additional information on the incident can get in touch with Metro’s Homicide Section at 702-828-3521 or [email protected] To remain anonymous, call Criminal activity Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or check out crimestoppersofnv.com.