Tag Archives: clothes

10-year-old boy found dead in clothes dryer was electrocuted, authorities state

(Source: Christina Rodriguez via KTRK/CNN)
< img alt="( Source: Christina Rodriguez via KTRK/CNN)"

title=”( Source: Christina Rodriguez via KTRK/CNN)” border= “0” src =” http://MEREDITH.images.worldnow.com/images/16651926_G.png?auto=webp&disable=upscale&width=800&lastEditedDate=20180430105743″ width =” 180″/ >( Source: Christina Rodriguez via KTRK/CNN). (Meredith)– A 10-year-old boy who died while concealing in a dryer at a Houston apartment building

was electrocuted, authorities stated. The Harris County Medical Examiner’s workplace launched an autopsy on Monday for Fernando Hernandez Jr.

. Hernandez was playing hide-and-seek with other kids at the apartment building on Friday, when he apparently climbed into the clothes dryer, located in the common utility room. When his friends and 9-year-old sibling found him, he was unresponsive.

The young boy’s mom, Christina Rodriguez, informed KTRK she saw him drinking water about Thirty Minutes before his body was discovered.” I don’t know exactly what occurred, “the tearful mother said.” I was just inside cooking, and my little kid came within and informed me my (other) child

was dead.” Paramedics carried out CPR before transporting Hernandez to the healthcare facility, where he was noticable dead.

Following the event, the apartment building shut down the laundry room until more notice.

Police are still investigating, but stated it appears to be an accident.

Grief counselors visited Hernandez’s school, Harris Elementary, on Monday. The young boy attended the school with his 3 brother or sisters.

” We try to stay strong for one another. The instructors do a really good task of that and provide the support that we can,” said Trent Johnson, the school’s assistant principal.

Details from KTRK through CNN added to this story.

Copyright 2018 Meredith Corporation. All rights scheduled.

Hiker survives lightning strike that blasted his clothes off

Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017|3:39 p.m.

SAN FRANCISCO– An Austrian man treking 9,000 feet up in the Sierra Nevada was on a peak taking an image when he was struck by a lightning bolt that blasted away his clothes, burned a hole in one of his shoes and left him with extreme burns.

Mathias Steinhuber, who was treking the Pacific Crest Path with his sweetheart and friend Carla Elvidge had an entry wound on his hand and an exit injury on his foot, Elvidge told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Fairfield, California.

“He was taking an image and the next thing I understand, I see this white flash, like an explosion,” Elvidge said.

Steinhuber had significant burns throughout his body and was having a hard time to walk when a helicopter crew saved him Tuesday from an exposed peak among the rugged mountains near Donner Summit, the California Highway Patrol Valley Air Operations stated.

Elvidge stated she, Steinhuber and his girlfriend, Kathrin Klausner, were treking from Donner Top to Squaw Valley and that all are devoted hikers.

The couple was visiting her in the Lake Tahoe area, in Truckee, California, and there was no rain or lightning when they set off on their walking, though Elvidge stated she could see clouds above Reno, some 50 miles away.

Steinhuber was hiking ahead of his friends and had actually reached the top of Tinkers Knob, a bare peak with sweeping views of the surrounding mountains and the forests below and was taking a photo when the women heard a large crack and saw a white flash.

Steinhuber was discarded and his shoes and all his clothing, including his underwear, were swindled from his body. The lightning bolt singed his clothing and burned an open hole through one of his tennis shoes.

A 2nd lightning bolt struck next to Klausner, who felt the electrical energy in her body, and the 2 chose to nestle and call 911, Elvidge stated.

A helicopter landed on Tinker Knob, which is at an elevation of 8,949 feet, and dropped off a paramedic who tended to Steinhuber. He was required to Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee and then flown to the University of California, Davis Hospital Burn Center, where he was listed in fair condition on Thursday.

“It was an awful experience. One of those things that you never ever wish to be near or involved in,” Elvidge stated.