Tag Archives: danger

Trainees hide after danger at Stone City High

Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018|2:05 p.m.

Trainees took cover under their desks and Stone City High School was locked down today after somebody called in an undisclosed risk, according to city authorities.

The threat was made about 1 p.m. from an untraceable phone, stated Lisa LaPlante, the Boulder City communications supervisor. She wasn’t certain what kind of threat it was.

The campus was put on a “soft lockdown” for about 40 minutes, LaPlante stated. Students hid as a preventative measure, she said.

Moms and dads were notified of the situation, LaPlante said.

2 Stone City Police officers were on the scene, LaPlante said.

Kavanaugh is a danger

Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018|2 a.m.

View more of the Sun’s opinion area

President Donald Trump’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court Justice is disgraceful and frightening.

With this election, we not just see a conservative majority in the Supreme Court threatening civil rights, however also threats to the health of our planet and all of mankind.

Kavanaugh has consistently sided with polluters and has actually not acted in the interest of the public.

Since of his fairly young age, Kavanaugh could be a justice on the court for decades, which we can not manage with our ever-worsening climate crisis.

Guy gets up to 4 years in prison for danger to eliminate Heller

Monday, Feb. 26, 2018|2:46 p.m.

Click to enlarge photo

Richard Brent Holley at first was charged in August with extortion, theft and intimidating a public officer however pleaded guilty to a lone extortion count as part of a plea offer.

U.S. District Judge Douglas Smith sentenced him on Monday to 19 to 48 months behind bars.

District attorneys say Holley left a note in July threatening to eliminate Heller since of his vote to rescind the Affordable Care Act. He was apprehended after police tracked his handwriting on a 2004 authorities report and member of the family determined him on security video.

Holley’s attorney stated he suffers from health issue and also cared in your home for his other half with severe ailments.

Mattis: NKorea danger would bring enormous military reaction

Image

Carolyn Kaster/ AP In this April 11, 2017 file image, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis stops briefly throughout a press conference at the Pentagon. Mattis is wanting to the Middle East and North Africa for wider contributions and new ideas to combat Islamic extremism as the Trump administration fleshes out its counterterrorism method.

Sunday, Sept. 3, 2017|4 p.m.

WASHINGTON– Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Sunday shot back at North Korea’s claimed test of a hydrogen bomb with a blunt risk, saying the United States will address any risk from the North with a “huge military action– a reaction both reliable and overwhelming.” Earlier, President Donald Trump threatened to halt all trade with countries doing business with the North, a veiled alerting to China, and faulted South Korea for its “talk of appeasement.”

The tough talk from America’s commander in chief and the retired Marine basic he chose to supervise the Pentagon came as the Trump administration looked for a response to the intensifying crisis. Kim Jong Un’s program on Sunday declared “ideal success” in an underground test of exactly what it called a hydrogen bomb. It was the North’s sixth nuclear test considering that 2006– the first considering that Trump took workplace in January– and involved a device possibly significantly more effective than an a-bomb.

Trump, asked by a reporter throughout a journey to church services if he would assault the North, said: “We’ll see.” No U.S. military action appeared imminent, and the instant focus seemed on ratcheting up economic penalties, which have actually had little impact so far.

The U.N. Security Council arranged an emergency situation conference at the request of the U.S., Japan, France, Britain and South Korea. It would be the Security Council’s second immediate session in under a week on the North’s weapons tests, which have continued in the face of a series of sanctions.

Members of Congress revealed alarm at the North’s test and emphasized strengthening U.S. rocket defenses. Leaders in Russia, China and Europe released condemnations.

In briefs remarks after a White House meeting with Trump and other nationwide security officials, Mattis informed press reporters that America does not look for the “overall annihilation” of the North, however then included somberly, “We have lots of choices to do so.” The administration has stressed its pursuit of diplomatic options, knowing the possibly horrific expenses of war with the North. But the decision to have Mattis provide a public declaration seemed to recommend an escalating crisis.

Mattis likewise stated the international community is merged in demanding the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula which Un should understand that Washington’s dedication to Japan and South Korea is unshakeable.

The precise strength of the underground nuclear explosion had yet to be identified. South Korea’s weather condition agency said the artificial earthquake triggered by the explosion was 5 times to 6 times more powerful than tremors produced by the North’s previous five tests.

North Korea’s state-run television broadcast a special publication to announce the test, and stated Kim participated in a meeting of the ruling celebration’s presidium and signed the go-ahead order. Earlier, the celebration’s paper published images of Kim examining exactly what it stated was a nuclear warhead being fitted onto an intercontinental ballistic missile.

Sunday’s detonation develops on recent North Korean advances that include test launches in July of 2 ICBMs that are thought to be efficient in reaching the mainland U.S. The North says its rocket development belongs to a defensive effort to develop a feasible nuclear deterrent that can target U.S. cities.

The Arms Control Association said the explosion appeared to produce a yield in excess of 100 kilotons of TNT equivalent, which it said strongly suggests the North tested a high-yield but compact nuclear weapon that might be released on a rocket of intermediate or global variety.

Hans Kristensen, a nuclear weapons expert at the Federation of American Researchers, said the North most likely will have to do more tests prior to attaining a functioning hydrogen bomb style.

Beyond the science of the blast, North Korea’s speeding up push to field a nuclear weapon that can target all the United States is developing political problems for the U.S. as it looks for to stabilize willpower with reassurance to allies that Washington will promote its decadeslong dedication to discourage nuclear attack on South Korea and Japan.

That is why some questioned Trump’s jab Sunday at South Korea. He tweeted that Seoul is finding that its “talk of appeasement” will not work. The North Koreans, he added, “just understand one thing,” implying military force might be required. The United States has about 28,000 soldiers stationed in South Korea and is required by treaty to protect it in the event of war.

Patrick Cronin, an Asia expert with the Center for a New American Security, said Trump’s comment on South Korea was probably “planned to stiffen the spine of an ally.” He said he concurred with the objective.

“I think Washington is very serious about revealing some unforeseen resolve,” he stated. “We require our ally and we need to stay ironclad. But at the very same time, we can’t pay for South Korea to go weak in facing down this growing risk.”

Trump likewise recommended putting more pressure on China, the North’s patron for many decades and an important U.S. trading partner, in hopes of persuading Beijing to exert more efficient take advantage of on its next-door neighbor. Trump tweeted that the U.S. is thinking about “stopping all trade with any nation doing business with North Korea.” Such a stop would be extreme. The U.S. imports about $40 billion in products a month from China, North Korea’s main industrial partner.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was calling counterparts in Asia.

It’s unclear what sort of sanctions may make a distinction. Lassina Zerbo, head of the U.N. test restriction treaty organization, said sanctions already enforced against North Korea aren’t working.

China’s main Xinhua News Firm said President Xi Jinping and Russian leader Vladimir Putin, meeting on the sidelines of a Beijing-led economic summit, agreed “to abide by the goal of the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, have close communication and coordination and properly react” to the test.

Specialists have questioned whether the North has actually gone too far down the nuclear roadway to continue promoting a denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, an Obama administration policy goal still embraced by Trump’s White Home.

“Denuclearization is not a viable U.S. policy goal,” stated Richard Fontaine, president of the Center for a New American Security, but neither must the U.S. accept North Korea as a nuclear power. “We must keep denuclearization as a long-lasting goal, however acknowledge independently that it’s unattainable anytime quickly.”

Trump warned last month that the U.S. armed force was “locked and filled, should North Korea act unwisely” and that the United States would let loose “fire and fury” on the North if it continued to threaten America. The bellicose words followed hazards from North Korea to launch ballistic missiles toward the United States Pacific territory of Guam, meaning to develop “covering fire” near the military center that’s the home of U.S. bombers and other airplane.

Associated Press writers Eric Talmadge in Tokyo contributed to this report.

Report: O.J. Simpson'' s life perhaps in danger

O.J. Simpson at this parole hearing on July 20, 2017. (Courtesy: Sholeh L. Moll-Masumi) O.J. Simpson at this parole hearing on July 20, 2017. (Courtesy: Sholeh L. Moll-Masumi) O.J. Simpson at this parole hearing on July 20, 2017.( Courtesy: Sholeh L. Moll-Masumi). LOVELOCK, NV( FOX5)-. O.J. Simpson is getting included protection

in a Nevada jail as his life may be in risk inning accordance with a report. A day after the Nevada Parole Board granted Simpson’s request for freedom, he has actually now been transferred to a special housing area at the Lovelock Correctional Center according to < a href="

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/21/o-j-simpson-prison-protection-danger-lovelock/” > TMZ Sports. That very same report said prisoners might be looking to hurt him in order to make a name on their own.

Simpson was serving a 33-year sentence for a heist including two sports souvenirs dealers in a Las Vegas hotel room back in 2008.

After Thursday’s hearing, the 70-year-old was vacated the basic population and into confined real estate.

There was no particular danger against O.J. cited in the report, however that it’s in the very best interest of the jail to keep Simpson safe.

O.J. is anticipated to be released Oct. 1.

Copyright 2017 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.