Tag Archives: discovered

Coroner identifies female discovered shot to death at Wetlands Park


< img alt=" "title="" border= "0" src=" http://kvvu.images.worldnow.com/images/16916356_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale&width=800&lastEditedDate=20180605171129" width ="

180″/ > LAS VEGAS( FOX5 )- Medical inspectors determined the female who died after she was discovered with a gunshot injury at Clark County Wetlands Park Tuesday.

The Clark County Coroners Office stated Asia Marie-Angelique Griego, 24, passed away from a gunshot injury to the back of her head. It was ruled a homicide.

Las Vegas City authorities reacted to the scene near Broadbent Boulevard and Wetlands Park Lane at 10:18 a.m. She was declared dead at midday.

Griego was discovered dropped over beside a path. Authorities said blood was seen by the victim’s head. In a press conference, homicide Lt. Ray Spencer stated she shot and there were no indications she had been attacked.

Cops stated there was no suspect or intention called of Wednesday afternoon. Anybody with info on the case was asked to contact Metro Authorities at 702-828-3521.

Stay with FOX5 for updates.

Copyright 2018 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Cops investigate after woman'' s body discovered at downtown Las Vegas motel space

(Google Maps)
< img alt="( Google Maps)"

title=" (Google Maps) "border=

” 0″ src =” http://kvvu.images.worldnow.com/images/16918142_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale&width=800&lastEditedDate=20180605204204″ width=” 180 “/ >( Google Maps). LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -. Las Vegas police were examining after a lady’s body was found outside of a downtown Las Vegas motel room.

Cops were called about 4:51 p.m. to the Desert Star Motel, at 1210 Las Vegas Boulevard South, near Charleston Boulevard. They said the woman was discovered in front of a space at the motel with trauma to her face and head. It was not immediately understood exactly what caused the trauma.

A guy was seen dragging the woman’s body through a doorway, police said, from the room she was remaining in to the walkway in front of another space.

Homicide Lt. Ray Spencer said a crossbow was discovered in her room, however does not think it was connected to her death.

Spencer said police were not yet examining her death as a homicide. The man was collared for questioning.

The Clark County Coroner’s workplace will launch her identity, in addition to cause and way of death, after next of kin has been informed.

Anybody with information about her death is motivated to get in touch with Las Vegas cops.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Hormel Foods remembers SPAM items after metal discovered in meat

(USDA)
(USDA).( Meredith/USDA)– Hormel Food Corp. is recalling around 228,614 pounds of canned pork and chicken items that may be polluted with foreign matter, particularly pieces of metal.

The canned pork and chicken items were produced on February 8 through February 10, 2018. The following items are subject to recall:

12-oz. metal cans containing “SPAM Classic” with a “Finest By” date of February 2021 date and production codes:

F020881F020882F020883F020884F020885F020886F020887F020888F020889

These products were delivered throughout the United States.What took place? The problem was found after the company received 4 customer problems mentioning that metal items were found in the canned products. There have been reports of minor oral injuries connected with usage of the products. There have been no additional reports of injury or disease from consumption of these items. Anybody concerned about an injury or health problem need to get in touch with a health care provider.Check your kitchen Consumers who have actually bought these items are advised not to consume them.

These items should be thrown away or returned to the location of purchase. Customers with concerns about the recall can get in touch with Consumer Response, Hormel Foods, at (800 )523-4635.

___ Details for this post was offered by the United States Department of Farming.

3 males discovered not guilty of raping girl, 9, as mama smoked meth

SALT LAKE CITY (AP)– Three guys accused of raping a 9-year-old Utah lady while her mom was smoking methamphetamine in a garage were discovered not guilty Wednesday after their legal representatives argued they could not be convicted without physical evidence.

District attorneys stated the lady’s clear, painful statement that the 3 got and assaulted her after a 2016 Easter-egg hunt in rural Utah need to suffice to convict them. Uintah County attorney Mark Thomas indicated statement that helped convict comic Bill Cosby in his sexual-assault case.

But the defense argued that without any blood, hair or severe injuries, the jury couldn’t be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. Lawyers stated the kid, now 11, was copying a story made by her paranoid mom, who was upset at a former partner who was a defendant.

“If whatever that she was stating held true, there should be some type of physical proof or injury to her,” said defense attorney Bryan Sidwell.

The jury of five guys and three females pondered for about 3 hours prior to reaching the decision.

Offenders Larson RonDeau, 38, Randall Flatlip, 28 and Jerry Flatlip, 31, were held in custody to deal with surcharges, though some may be thrown away after the acquittal on rape and sodomy counts.

The case provoked outrage in the town of Vernal, about 170 miles (274 kilometers) east of Salt Lake City.

The woman testified that she opted for her mother, who wanted to go to a good friend from jail, to the house where the three males were remaining in 2016.

She stated the three guys brought her to a back bedroom and assaulted her after she went to sleep on a sofa, and returned her after it was over. When her mom got back from the garage, she discovered the woman disturbed with her Easter dress askew. She insisted on going house.

She didn’t initially inform her mother about the assault because the guys threatened to kill her, district attorneys said. The mother called authorities when she confided in her about two days later on.

Thomas stated Wednesday that prosecutors litigated with the very best evidence readily available.

“We present cases to the jury that our company believe that we have enough proof. Then it’s up to the jury,” he stated.

“There was a case versus Costs Cosby where there was no physical proof and the jury there found (him guilty) exclusively on the statement of someone who existed,” Thomas stated. “Undoubtedly we still think that an individual’s testament can be weighed and thought about by the jury.”

The Associated Press typically does not identify people who state they were victims of sexual assault and is not calling the mother to prevent recognizing the girl.

The mom consequently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor kid abuse charge and was sentenced to jail and drug treatment.

The lady is now in the care of her Native American tribe, authorities have stated.

Charges were initially submitted versus a fourth guy but dropped when the mom could not be discovered to affirm at a 2016 evidence hearing.

The offenders remained calm throughout much of the five-day trial, but Jerry Flatlip seemed to end up being emotional as defense attorneys urged the jury to acquit the men.

“He stated, ‘This is the first time in 2 years that somebody’s actually stood up and informed my side of the story to somebody,'” his legal representative, Sidwell, stated.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights scheduled. This product might not be published, broadcast, reworded or redistributed.

SUV that plunged into California river discovered, 2 bodies in it

Monday, April 16, 2018|9:36 a.m.

LEGGETT, Calif.– Authorities looking for a household whose SUV plunged into a rain-swollen Northern California river have actually found the vehicle and the body of a man and a lady inside it.

The Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that searchers found the car Sunday and recuperated the bodies of 41-year-old Sandeep Thottapilly and 9-year-old Saachi Thottapilly.

The workplace also said the body of an adult female found in the Eel River on Friday has actually been recognized as 38-year-old Soumya Thottapilly. The couple’s 12-year-old boy, Sidhhanty Thottapilly stays missing.

The four members of the Thottapilly household went missing while traveling from Portland, Oregon, to their house in the Los Angeles suburban area of Santa Clarita.

They were reported missing April 8 after cannot show up for a go to with family members in San Jose.

Newborn stolen by monkey discovered dead in a well

File Photo (AP)
< img alt=" File Image (AP)"

title=” Submit Image (AP) “border= “0” src=” /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/16447907_G.jpg” width=” 180″/ > File Photo (AP). (Meredith)– A 16-day-old infant in India was snatched from outside his house in a town in India on Saturday. Days later, the child was discovered dead in a well behind the house.

According to Times of India, after the initial attack on Saturday, police and forest authorities released a substantial rescue operation, however the kid was not discovered. On Sunday early morning, a lady went to the neighboring well and identified the baby floating in the water. His body was retrieved from the well and sent to a healthcare facility for a postmortem assessment.

The child’s father, Rama Krushna Nayak, said

” It seems while the monkey was jumping from the terrace my child somehow slipped from its clutches and fell in the well.”

India Today reports locals have actually grumbled about a number of injuries resulting from recent monkey attacks, however the forest department has actually taken no action.

Las Vegas teenager with autism discovered after going missing in east valley

Ronald Rucker, 14, went missing on March 10 after a medical episode (Bee Olivares / Facebook).
< img alt=" Ronald Rucker, 14, went missing on March 10 after a medical episode (Bee Olivares/ Facebook).

" title=" Ronald Rucker, 14

, went missing on March 10 after a medical episode( Bee Olivares/ Facebook).” border=” 0 “src=” /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16291782_G.jpg” width=” 180″/ > Ronald Rucker, 14, went missing on March 10 after a medical episode( Bee Olivares/ Facebook)

. LAS VEGAS( FOX5)- A Las Vegas teenager with autism has actually been found after going missing given that Saturday night in the east valley, inning accordance with his household. Household reported Ronald Rucker was located Sunday night. Rucker, 14, went missing out on about 8 p.m. in the location of Stewart Avenue and Pecos Road after he had a medical episode, according to his step-dad Bee Olivares. He also passes the name “Ron Ron.”

He was last seen using navy blue shorts and a navy blue t-shirt with a Broncos logo design. Ronald is 6′ 2″ and weighs 228 pounds. He likewise has long side burns. His household said he can not speak, however he responds to Ronald, Ron or Ronnie.

Copyright 2018 KVVU( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

One of world'' s most devastating pests discovered at DC airports

The Khapra beetle is one of the world's most destructive insect pests. (Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Protection)
 The Khapra beetle is one of the world's most destructive insect pests.( Image: U.S. Customs and Border Defense ) The Khapra beetle is among the world’s most damaging insect pests.( Image: U.S. Customs and Border Security)CBP agriculture experts at BWI and Dulles Airports obstructed Khapra beetle in traveler baggage.( Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Defense) CBP farming experts at BWI and Dulles Airports intercepted Khapra beetle in traveler luggage. (Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Protection ). BALTIMORE (AP)– The U.S. Customs and Border Security says it has actually obstructed one of the world’s most devastating pests of stored grains, cereals and seeds at two Washington-area airports this year.

A company release Thursday said farming experts at Washington Dulles International Airport and Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport just recently encountered the Khapra beetle, the only bug it takes regulatory action against. The declaration describes the pest as having the potential to economically paralyze exporters.

Dulles experts discovered 4 live adults, 12 live larvae, and several dead larvae and cast skins Jan. 24 in rice a Washington citizen brought from Saudi Arabia. BWI experts discovered two live adults, one dead immature larva, and several cast skins Feb. 23 in cow peas a New York City resident brought from Nigeria.

The food was incinerated.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, reworded or rearranged.

Young child discovered after abducted by father who shot next-door neighbor

Amir Abdul-Rahim, left, abducted 2-year-old Kuwait Abdul-Rahim, right, on March 6, 2018 according to LVMPD police (LVMPD / FOX5).
< img alt=" Amir Abdul-Rahim, left, abducted 2-year-old Kuwait Abdul-Rahim, right, on March 6, 2018 according to LVMPD police (LVMPD/ FOX5).

" title=" Amir Abdul-Rahim

, left, abducted 2-year-old Kuwait Abdul-Rahim, right, on March 6, 2018 inning accordance with LVMPD police (LVMPD/ FOX5).” border= “0” src=” /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16262823_G.png “width=” 180″/ > Amir Abdul-Rahim, left, abducted 2-year-old Kuwait Abdul-Rahim, right, on March 6, 2018 according to LVMPD police (LVMPD/ FOX5). LAS VEGAS (FOX5)- Las Vegas City authorities confirmed that a 2-year-old kid who was drawn from his mother after an argument

led to a shooting on Tuesday night in West Las Vegas was” safely located.” Officers originally responded to reports of a domestic disturbance and a shooting just before 10 p.m. at 2800 South Decatur Boulevard, near Sahara Opportunity. Cops said the kid’s daddy, Amir Abdul-Rahim, arrived at the apartment building where an argument broke out with the boy’s mom. Authorities have actually not discovered Abdul-Rahim, according to a release.

A next-door neighbor intervened and was shot multiple times by Abdul-Rahim. Cops said he was required to a close-by healthcare facility where he is expected to survive.

Abdul-Rahim got away the scene with the young child, Kuwait Abdul-Rahim, in a dark colored SUV, potentially a Jeep Patriot. Authorities stated he is thought about armed and harmful and should not be approached. If spotted, call 9-1-1 instantly.

Abdul-Rahim is described as a 26-year-old black guy, with brown eyes and black hair standing at 6′ 3″ and weighing about 165 pounds.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Wreckage of renowned U.S. World War II carrier discovered

Tuesday, March 6, 2018|9:07 a.m.

BANGKOK– A piece of treasured World War II U.S. naval history, the wreckage of the warship USS Lexington, which was sunk by the Japanese in a crucial sea fight, has been found by an exploration funded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.

The expedition team revealed that the wreckage of the Lexington, crippled by the opponent and then scuttled on May 8, 1942, in the Battle of the Coral Sea, was discovered Sunday on the seabed in waters 3,000 meters (about 2 miles) deep, more than 800 kilometers (500 miles) off Australia’s east coast.

“To pay tribute to the USS Lexington and the brave men that served on her is an honor,” Allen said on his web page. “As Americans, all of us owe a debt of appreciation to everyone who served and who continue to serve our nation for their courage, persistence and sacrifice.”

The fight assisted stop a Japanese advance that might have cut off Australia and New Guinea from Allied sea supply routes and maimed 2 Japanese providers, leading to a more conclusive U.S. success at sea a month later at the Fight of Midway.

The sea fight is also famous for being the very first in which the opposing ships did not come in sight of each other, performing their attacks with carrier-launched aircraft.

Allen’s teams have actually made a number of previous crucial shipwreck discoveries, including three other U.S. Navy vessels, an Italian destroyer, and the Japanese battleship Musashi.

The ship that found the Lexington, the Research Vessel Petral, has equipment capable of diving to 6,000 meters (about 3 and a half miles). It was released in early 2017 in the Philippine Sea before transferring to the Coral Sea off the Australian Coast.

The Lexington, which had actually been passionately dubbed “Woman Lex,” was severely harmed by bombs and torpedoes, but the order to abandon ship was provided just after a secondary explosion triggered an uncontrollable fire. Some 216 team members lost their lives, however 2,770 others were securely left prior to its sis ship, the destroyer USS Phelps, fired torpedoes to send it to the bottom of the ocean. Allen said on his Twitter account that the ship went down with 35 aircrafts, 11 which had been discovered so far by his exploration.

Allen has stated he undertakes such ventures in part to honor his dad, who served in World War II, by finding and protecting the artifacts of that dispute.

News of the discovery stimulated another father-son relationship, as the present commander of the United States Pacific Fleet provided his congratulations on Twitter.

“As the kid of a survivor of the USS Lexington, I use my congratulations to @PaulGAllen and the exploration crew of Research Vessel (R/V) Petrel for locating the ‘Girl Lex,’ sunk nearly 76 years earlier at the Fight of the Coral Sea,” Adm. Harry B. Harris Jr. stated. “We honor the valor and sacrifice of the Lady Lex’s Sailors– all those Americans who combated in #WorldWarII– by continuing to protect the flexibilities they won for everyone.”

Harris linked the history to current U.S. interests in the Pacific, where China in the last few years has actually begun to challenge traditional American naval hegemony, strongly staking maritime territorial claims in waters also declared by other countries, consisting of Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines. U.S. Navy aircraft carriers are strong signs of America’s force projection, and one today is making a friendly check out to Vietnam, the first given that the Vietnam War ended more than four decades ago with a Communist triumph.

“Together with our allies, buddies and partners, bound together by shared worths, the United States is committed to preserving a free and open Indo-Pacific, which has brought security and financial prosperity to all who live in this important region,” said Harris, currently visiting Australia.