Tag Archives: during

Lights out: Convention center loses power during CES tech program

Image

AP Photo/Jae C. Hong The central hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center is evacuated after a power blackout throughout CES International, Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018, in Las Vegas.

Some of the thousands of CES attendees wait outside the Las Vegas Convention Center or head to one of the gadget program’s other websites after a power failure Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2018.

Las Vegas’ largest convention, the CES tech show, had its plug pulled today when the Las Vegas Convention Center experienced a power outage for more than an hour.

The failure, which struck the south and main halls of the convention center, occurred about 11:40 a.m., sending out thousands of participants outside.

“There’s a separated blackout at the center and we’re continuing to check out the cause,” stated Maria Phelan, a spokeswoman for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. Authorities subsequently said a transformer failed as an outcome of condensation from current heavy rains.

CES sent a message via Twitter at 11:49 a.m. acknowledging the outage and encouraging guests to move to other halls. The hashtag “CESBlackOut” started trending on Twitter quickly after the power interruption.

At 12:38 p.m., the CES Twitter account revealed that NV Energy had attended to the problem and remained in the procedure of restoring power. “We will continue to limit gain access to until full power has actually been brought back,” the message said.

The power was restored by shortly after 1 p.m.

Robert Ilas of Corona, Calif., stated he arrived at the convention center as people were being escorted out of the building, leaving him to wonder what was going on.

“I knew something was obviously incorrect, but with numerous individuals out here, the only method I learnt was through a push alert on the CES app,” Ilas stated.

Ilas was feverishly trying to reach individuals with whom he had appointments to see if he might restore his day here or relocate to another convention websites. “As soon as I hear back from my clients, I’ll find out what I’m going to do,” he stated.

Police officers: Mom throws child, fractures his skull during heated argument

Heidy Rios, 24, is charged with cruelty to a juvenile. (JPSO)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/15516375_G.jpg" alt= "Heidy Rios, 24, is accuseded of ruthlessness to a juvenile. (JPSO)"

title=” Heidy Rios, 24, is accuseded of cruelty to a juvenile. (JPSO)” border =” 0″ width= “180”/ > Heidy Rios, 24, is accuseded of ruthlessness to a juvenile.

( JPSO). BRAND-NEW ORLEANS (AP)– Authorities say a Louisiana mom threw her infant boy at his dad’s feet, fracturing the child’s skull. The Times-Picayune reports the baby’s daddy stated he had been arguing with 24-year-old Heidy Rios

, of Terrytown, when she threw the 3-week-old child at his feet and uttered a curse, informing him to” take” his boy. The father took the child to a New Orleans hospital on Thursday, and doctors determined the infant had actually fractured his right temporal bone. Authorities state the injuries aren’t dangerous.

Rios initially told investigators she didn’t understand how her kid was injured, however she later on stated she may have dropped the kid during the dispute.

A Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Workplace arrest report says Rios was apprehended Friday and accuseded of cruelty to a juvenile. It’s uncertain if she has a legal representative.

___

Information from: The Times-Picayune,

http://www.nola.com Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Ammon Bundy released from prison during standoff trial

Image

Rick Bowmer/ AP In this Jan. 5, 2016, file image, Ammon Bundy speaks throughout an interview at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, near Burns, Ore.

Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017|11:58 a.m.

. The leader of an occupation at an Oregon wildlife haven in 2015 has actually been released from U.S. custody throughout his Nevada trial over a 2014 armed standoff with U.S. agents near his daddy’s cattle ranch.

Ammon Bundy was welcomed by household and cheering buddies as he walked out of a federal court house in Las Vegas on Thursday. He has been behind bars for nearly two years and will now be under house arrest.

A judge ruled Wednesday that Bundy; his father, Cliven Bundy; and a co-defendant might be released from jail while they stand trial. They’ve been charged in the Nevada standoff that stopped a federal roundup of Bundy cattle from public land.

Cliven Bundy refused the offer. Another boy, Ryan Bundy, already was living at a halfway house while serving as his own attorney.

Cliven Bundy refuses judge'' s deal of release during trial

Image

Mikayla Whitmore An advocate of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy holds a sign in front of the United States Court house in downtown Las Vegas Thursday, March 10, 2016. Bundy is facing charges relating to an armed ranching standoff versus Bureau of Land Management agents in April 2014.

Published Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017|6:30 p.m.

Updated Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017|7:50 p.m.

. A federal judge on Wednesday offered to launch Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy from custody throughout his trial on charges involving an armed standoff that stopped a federal government livestock roundup 3 years earlier in Nevada.

But the states’ rights figure chose not to leave prison while others are still in prison awaiting trial in the event.

Bundy, 71, didn’t specify his factor in court. But his wife, Carol Bundy, kept in mind in a court house corridor that two other sons, Mel and David Bundy, are approaching two years in federal detention.

“It’s not over. It’s refrained from doing,” she stated.

Defense lawyer Brett Whipple informed press reporters Cliven Bundy is a “really principled man.”

The family patriarch could have signed up with child Ammon Bundy and co-defendant Ryan Payne in being freed throughout the trial. U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro said they can be released Thursday to house arrest with GPS tracking in your homes of Bundy household pals.

The judge likewise unwinded release constraints for the oldest Bundy son, Ryan Bundy, who has been living for two weeks at a midway home while functioning as his own lawyer. He will still have a GPS monitor but can divide time in between a friends’ house in North Las Vegas and his own house in Mesquite.

The hearing came amid concerns from defense teams about whether federal prosecutors have actually turned over complete proof records about the conduct of FBI and other government representatives during the standoff.

Navarro did not state why she reversed her previous detention ruling.

Her choice Wednesday followed a four-hour, closed hearing with prosecutors, defense attorneys, court gatekeeper and the four accuseds.

“There’s a great deal of accusations that remain, a great deal of details that’s provided,” the judge stated cryptically from the bench.

Jurors got a glimpse of the claims when Ryan Bundy spoke throughout his opening declaration about government snipers and surveillance cameras on dusty hills surrounding his family home in the days prior to armed advocates got here.

Performing U.S. Lawyer Steven Myhre has cast the standoff as an armed uprising, not a tranquil protest.

He stated it required the federal Bureau of Land Management “at the end of a weapon” to desert strategies to take Bundy’s livestock.

Each accused deals with 15 felony charges including assault and hazards against federal officers, obstruction and extortion. Convictions could bring sentences of more than 170 years in prison.

Outdoors court Wednesday, Ammon Bundy’s attorney, Daniel Hill, hinted that the case was tilting versus district attorneys, who had actually looked for to delay starting the trial to figure out the evidence questions.

Whipple said he could not reveal exactly what occurred at the hearing, citing a gag order that was opposed by The Associated Press and other wire service.

Navarro’s order implies Ammon Bundy and Ryan Payne might walk out of federal detention for the very first time because their arrests nearly 2 years ago outside Malheur National Wildlife Sanctuary in Oregon where they led an occupation.

Payne, head of a self-styled militia group from Montana, requires clearance from a federal judge in Oregon to be released.

Because case, Payne pleaded guilty to a felony conspiracy charge before a trial at which Ammon and Ryan Bundy were acquitted of all charges. Payne is now battling to withdraw his plea that is expected to bring a sentence of more than 3 years in prison.

Las Vegas animal shelters use totally free animal adoptions during vacation weekend

Animal shelters said they're offering free pet adoptions over the holiday weekend. Animal shelters stated they're using complimentary animal adoptions over the holiday weekend.

Animal shelters stated they’re providing totally free pet adoptions over the holiday weekend. LAS VEGAS (FOX5)- Three animal shelters are offering complimentary animal adoptions from Friday,

Nov. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 26, inning accordance with Zappos. Zappos.com stated it is sponsoring the complimentary adoptions of canines, cats, puppies and kittens, for authorized adopters at Nevada SPCA, A House 4 Spot and The Animal Foundation for the “Home for the Pawlidayz” event.

Zappos for Good has actually sponsored over 18,000 pet adoptions to this day and aims to reach the 25,000 mark with this year’s ‘House for the Pawlidayz’ project, the business stated.

See where when the complimentary adoptions are used below. Nevada SPCA 4800 W. Dewey Drive Las

Vegas, NV 89118 Contact: Sonja Wiker:( 702

) 271-7299 Hours: Fri/Sat 10-5 pm, Sun 10-1 pm A Home 4 Area 1200 S. 8th St Las Vegas,

NV 89146 Contact: Diana England (702 )239-7986 Hours: Fri/Sat 10-2 p.m. The Animal Foundation 655 N. Mojave Rd Las Vegas, NV

, 89101 Contact: Christopher Pietrafeso( 702 )

381-2770 Fri/Sat/Sun 11-6

p.m. Copyright 2017 KVVU (

KVVU Broadcasting

Corporation ). All rights reserved

.

Bundy kid released to halfway house during Las Vegas trial

Image

STEVE MARCUS Ryan Bundy, kid of rancher Cliven Bundy, participates in a Bundy household” Patriot Party “near Bunkerville Friday, April 18, 2014. The family arranged the party to thank people who supported rancher Cliven Bundy in his conflict with the Bureau of Land Management.

Monday, Nov. 13, 2017|6 p.m.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s eldest kid has actually been bought released to a halfway house throughout trial coming from a 2014 armed standoff against federal government representatives in a public lands livestock grazing conflict.

U.S. attorney’s office spokesperson Trisha Young stated Monday that Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro approved Ryan Bundy’s release ahead of openings Tuesday for exactly what is expected to be a four-month case.

Cliven Bundy, child Ammon Bundy and co-defendant Ryan Payne also sought release, but they remain in custody.

Ryan Bundy is functioning as his own legal representative. He argued he was obstructed preparing his case while in prison.

The four guys are implicated of getting a self-styled militia to defy federal government authority, but defense attorneys say no shots were fired, nobody was harmed and there was no conspiracy.

About 2 lots NFL gamers objected during anthems Sunday

Image

AP Picture/ Matt Dunham Los Angeles Rams outside linebacker Robert Quinn (94) raises his fist in the air during the playing of the U.S. nationwide anthem prior to an NFL football game against Arizona Cardinals at Twickenham Stadium, in London, Sunday Oct. 22, 2017.

Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017|3:51 p.m.

Days after the NFL decreased to change its rule on the nationwide anthem, about 2 dozen players protested around the league Sunday.

Associated Press journalists counted 22 players opposing throughout the anthems in some method prior to day games. Some took a knee, others sat on the bench, stayed in the tunnel or raised a fist.

On Sept. 25, days after President Trump stated players must be fired for objecting during the anthem, more than 200 gamers opposed.

On Sunday, the Seahawks and 49ers had the most protesters. Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett and 7 Seahawks colleagues did not stand before their game with the New york city Giants.

As a New york city City law enforcement officer sang the anthem, Bennett was joined by protective deal with Sheldon Richardson, defensive end Brandon Jackson, defensive end Marcus Smith, protective deal with Jarran Reed, protective end Frank Clark and protective end Quinton Jefferson. Defensive end Cliff Avril, scratched for the game, sat in between Clark and Bennett.

Another colleague stood with his left arm on Bennett’s back. One Seattle player kneeled.

In San Francisco, about a half-dozen 49ers kneeled led by Eric Reid, Marquise Goodwin, rookie linebacker Reuben Foster, Eli Harold, Adrian Colbert and K’waun Williams. All the Dallas Cowboys stood, but defensive tackle David Irving raised his fist after the anthem ended.

In Cleveland, Titans wide receiver Rishard Matthews remained inside the tunnel throughout the nationwide anthem.

Chargers left take on Russell Okung stood with his ideal fist raised throughout the anthem prior to Los Angeles hosted the Denver Broncos.

A group of 11 owners and more than a lots players fulfilled for more than 2 hours Tuesday at the league’s head office. Amongst the subjects gone over was enhancing the players’ platforms for speaking out on social concerns. The NFL’s policy on the national anthem was not altered.

Simply one gamer appeared to protest noticeably throughout the early games Sunday, with Rams linebacker Robert Quinn raising his fist throughout the United States anthem, then bringing it down prior to “God Save The Queen” before playing Arizona in London.

Commissioner Roger Goodell and numerous owners stated Wednesday that altering the language from “must stand” to “must stand” was not gone over at the league’s fall meetings.

The majority of the Indianapolis Colts locked arms before kickoff in the house against the Jacksonville Jaguars. In Miami, Kenny Stills, Michael Thomas and Julius Thomas all stayed in the locker space during the anthem.

Guy killed during sexual act in Las Vegas recognized

Side of Las Vegas Metro police vehicle. (File/FOX5) Side of Las Vegas City squad car. (File/FOX5) Side of Las Vegas Metro police vehicle.( File/FOX5). LAS VEGAS( FOX5)-. Las Vegas cops are examining the death of a guy who lost his life during a sex act Saturday night.

Officers responded to an incident call at a home situated in the 3300 block of Frontier Street, near Desert Inn Roadway and Decatur Boulevard, at about 9:20 p.m.

City said two males were taking part in a sexual act when one of the males, who was later identified by the Clark County Coroner’s Workplace as 47-year-old Robert Meese, was choked and ultimately passed away.

Murder investigators were notified of the situation and are dealing with the investigation.

Authorities did not instantly report any arrests were made in the occurrence.

Stay with FOX5 for updates on this story when more info is launched.

Copyright 2017 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled

Vegas PD: Male dies during sexual act, homicide investigators investigate

Side of Las Vegas Metro police vehicle. (File/FOX5) Side of Las Vegas City police vehicle. (File/FOX5) Side of Las Vegas Metro police car.( File/FOX5). LAS VEGAS( FOX5) -. Las Vegas cops are investigating the death of a guy who lost his life throughout a sex act Saturday night.

Officers responded to an event call at a home located in the 3300 block of Frontier Street, near Desert Inn Roadway and Decatur Boulevard, at about 9:20 p.m.

City said two men were engaging in a sexual act when among them was choked and eventually passed away.

Murder investigators were notified of the scenario and are managing the examination.

Authorities did not instantly report any arrests were made in the occurrence.

The Clark County Coroner’s workplace will launch the identity of the male deceased after family has been notified.

Stay with FOX5 for updates on this story when more information is launched.

Copyright 2017 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled