Glenn Pinkerton/ Las Vegas News Bureau
Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2015|5:35 p.m.
Hot off the grill!
The statistics behind celeb chef Emeril Lagasse’s Oyster Festival at his New Orleans Fish Residence in MGM Grand are staggering. Each day, the TELEVISION chef’s dining establishment sells an average of 30 to 35 lots oysters fresh on the half shell.
Number crunching, it amounts to as many as 420 per day, 2,900 per week and more than 130,000 a year. The kitchen’s finest shucker, Carlos, hums along at a top speed of a dozen oysters every 3 minutes.
Emeril is probably the only restaurant in Las Vegas that makes use of six purveyors providing a minimum of one type of all five types from the Pacific, Atlantic and Gulf. I tasted my method through Louisiana grilled oysters, cornmeal fried Hama Hama oysters, traditional oysters Rockefeller and absinthe-poached Gulf oysters.
The champagne and caviar oysters I delighted in there today during the Oyster Celebration that goes through Sunday are beyond outstanding.
* As Vegas DeLuxe has actually previously reported, Clique Hospitality Group, with partners Andy Masi, Brian Massie and Shane Monaco, are set to open their lounge Clique in the Cosmopolitan this winter season. Last week, the 3 partners commemorated the opening of Salute Trattoria Italiana with executive chef Luciano Sautto near their Hearthstone at Red Rock Resort.
Brian and Luciano informed me they invested two weeks in Capri and on the Amalfi Coastline this year so we ‘d have a true taste of light Italian fare. Because I’ve dined on the Amalfi regularly each summertime, I can vouch that they have actually successfully brought the genuine thing to Red Rock with their 5,362-square-feet location that seats 94 in the primary dining-room and 64 on the outdoor patio, with standing for 250.
The southern Italian fare includes osso bucco ravioli and truffle tagliatelle. Luciano recommends his chicken piccata, which splendidly impressed me. I seemed like I was right back in my July trip zone! He’s a third-generation Italian chef and operated in Naples at his household’s well-known pizzaiola Da Michelle before moving to Miami star restaurants. An antipasto bar showcases menu items, including pastas, plus gelato and waffle cones made in front of guests.
* The rarest of cognacs– there are just 29 bottles of Thoroughbred by Hardy U.S.A in the world– will be served by star chef Michael Mina at his Bardot Brasserie in Aria on Thursday.
Aria has actually partnered with Hardy U.S.A to produce the unique drink aged in the most unique and safeguarded cave in the French champagne region of Paradis. Twenty of the cognacs were crafted and distilled right after The second world war to produce Thoroughbred, to be poured with Michael’s five-course feast.
* 10 renowned Master Chefs of France will prepare cooking specialties to go with seven sets of wines and spirits at the fifth-annual Festivino food-and-wine festival Friday, Oct. 9, benefiting from the cooler fall weather at the Venetian’s outdoor Doges Palace grand entrance.
Singer-songwriter Jonathan Cain (Journey, The Children) will offer home entertainment and serve his Finale wines created with Dennis De La Montanya Winery & & Vineyard. Chefs include Steve Benjamin, who just recently won “Chopped” on the Food Network, and fellow “Sliced” champion Olivier Desaintmartin.
* Zine Noodles Dim Amount at Palazzo will be closed next month to go through a significant renovation and re-concepting.
* “Cake Employer” star Pal Valastro is adding eight doughnuts to his Carlo’s Bakeshop menu at Palazzo, including an original cannoli doughnut fulled of cream and topped with cinnamon glaze.
* “America’s Got Skill” magician Seth Grabel is now carrying out tableside magic at Rockhouse that adjoins Carlo’s Pastry shop.
* Chef Pete Ghione, previously of chef Charlie Palmer’s Aureole at Mandalay Bay, has actually joined Canyon Ranch Medical spa Club in the Venetian as executive chef.
* Congratulations to Hank’s Great Steakhouse at Environment-friendly Valley Cattle ranch commemorating its 10th anniversary. It began with 13 wines by the glass and 1,800 bottles and has actually now grown to 20 wines by the glass and 2,700 bottles.
* And to the Oyster Bar at Palace Station commemorating its 20th anniversary. It’s still so popular, consumers wait as long as two hours to get one of the 18 desired seats to enjoy their food prepared right in front of them in steaming kettles.
* Smashburger just recently launched a social media project #SinCitySurvivalTips to give away a totally free trip to Las Vegas, however locals currently right here can win its cash value given that they do not need the trip. Fans who think they have what it brings to make it through Sin City can submit their most reasonable, wild and outrageous survival tips on Instagram or Twitter utilizing the hashtag #SinCitySurvivalTips by Oct. 20.
One winner will certainly have the possibility to put their tips to the test for a weekend vacation here for 2. The promo is to commemorate Smashburger’s brand-new Sin City Hamburger with American cheese, Smash Sauce, haystack onions, Applewood smoked bacon and fried egg in between an egg bun.
Robin Leach of “Lifestyles of the Rich & & Famous” fame has been a reporter for more than 50 years and has actually spent the previous 15 years offering readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum play area.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/ Robin_Leach.
Follow Las Vegas Sun Home entertainment + Luxury Elder Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/ VDLXEditorDon.
MGM Grand Hotel and Gambling establishment
MGM Grand, a AAA Four Diamond resort, offers 5,044 spaces and suites.
MGM Grand includes KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; and world-class home entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena and Hollywood Theatre.
The resort provides trademark restaurants by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans Fish Residence, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & & Grill and Michelin three star and Forbes 5 star dining establishment, Joël Robuchon.
As part of its ongoing “Grand Home improvement,” MGM Grand has remodeled all spaces and suites in its primary tower and is adding a number of brand-new experiences to its lineup consisting of Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub, a new high end dining/nightlife concept (can be found in April 2013).
MGM Grand also includes an advanced, non-smoking conference center, the Grand Medical spa, Cristophe Hair salon, “CSI: The Experience” and an inviting pool complex showcasing the tantalizing daylife of Wet Republic.
High end lodgings include The Mansion, an exclusive hotel within the hotel; the glamorous two-story SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand; and The Trademark at MGM Grand, a luxury all-suite, non-gaming hotel situated adjacent to the primary resort.
3799 Las Vegas Boulevard S. Las Vegas, NV 89109
Emeril’s New Orleans Fish Home Bam! Where else however Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans Fish Residence will you fine Creole in the heart of the desert? Reservations are constantly suggested. Among the most requested areas is at the dining establishment’s Seafood Bar, where guests can enjoy a range of oysters and shellfish being shucked and prepared. Paired with a wine list that received Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Quality” and a creative sea-inspired architecture developed by New York’s Rockwell Group, you’ll feel closer to the Ocean than the Vegas Strip. Trademark dishes are New Orleans barbecue shrimp, jumbo swelling crabcake with green tomato vinaigrette, cedar plank campfire rib eye with warm rmoulade sauce, banana cream pie with banana crust and caramel sprinkles. Lunch is 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Dinner is from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Seafood Bar is offered for lunch and dinner daily.
3799 S. Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109