Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2015|12:34 a.m.
Hot off the grill!
Ten Master Chefs of France who are culinary stars right here join forces for the fifth-annual Festivino food-and-wine festival Oct. 9 at the Doge’s Palace grand entrance of the Venetian.
Previous Journey keyboardist and songwriter Jonathan Cain, a wine lover, will carry out and serve his Finale Wines. A part of the profits will benefit March of Dimes. A bit more than a dozen prominent wineries will be pouring their revered liquid from the grape.
* Friday marks the start of a 10-day oyster festival at Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans Fish Home at MGM Grand.
Each night, various oysters will certainly be highlighted on the special Oyster Fest menu, including Gulf oysters, Louisiana grilled oysters, cornmeal fried Hama Hama oysters, Oysters Rockefeller, absinthe-poached oysters with blue crabmeat and fresh shucked oysters from across the nation.
* Restaurateur Sammy Ladeki is commemorating the 2nd anniversary of his Henderson place of Sammy’s Restaurant & & Bar. For $22, visitors can delight in pair of after-dinner drinks and a dessert in a Treats for Two promo.
On Thursday, Sammy hosts a Social Club Moet & & Chandon and four-course wine-pairing supper with a part from both promos benefiting the Dave Rice Structure.
* Herradura tequila head jimador Jose Cortes showed Monday night his skills in making use of simply a sharp shovel and knife to “dig up, chop up” an Algarve plant on the new SW Steakhouse outdoor patio that’s been reclaimed from part of the Lake of Dreams at Wynn Las Vegas.
Jose accomplished the task in less than 30 seconds: cutting loose the green foliage and after that slicing off a piece from the bulb to demonstrate how tequila is put.
Jose and Casa Herradura brand ambassador Kevin Vanegas hosted the five-course dish to celebrate Mexican Independence Day with four tequilas– one aged in 45 days, a second reposado in 11 months, the anejo for 2 years and the ultra blend of Anejo Herradura Ultra, a 4-year old tequila.
Wynn designer Roger Thomas has actually transformed the steakhouse now bathed in honey gold-colored decors.
* Since the flagship Carmine’s in New York City is commemorating its 25th anniversary this month, the Las Vegas place in the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace will certainly honor the turning point by serving the dining establishment’s meatballs for only 25 cents(!) each from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 25.
* 2 new food principles will be presented when “Pawn Stars” star Rick Harrison opens his Pawn Plaza this fall: Inna Gadda di Pizza and Pawn Donut & & Coffee by Las Vegas food-and-beverage veterans Ralph Cautela and Olivier Zardoni, respectively.
Inna Gadda will offer classic New York-style pizzas, while Pawn Donut will serve extra-large specialized donuts with names and tastes influenced by Las Vegas celebrities, artists and locals.
Robin Leach of “Lifestyles of the Rich & & Famous” fame has been a reporter for more than 50 years and has spent the past 15 years providing readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum play ground.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/ Robin_Leach.
Follow Las Vegas Sun Home entertainment + Luxury Elder Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/ VDLXEditorDon.
Emeril’s New Orleans Fish Home Bam! Where else but Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans Fish Residence will you fine Creole in the heart of the desert? Reservations are always advised. One of the most requested spots is at the restaurant’s Seafood Bar, where guests can view a variety of oysters and shellfish being shucked and prepared. Paired with a wine list that received Wine Spectator’s “Finest of Award of Excellence” and a creative sea-inspired architecture created by New York’s Rockwell Group, you’ll feel closer to the Ocean than the Vegas Strip. Signature dishes are New Orleans barbecue shrimp, jumbo lump crabcake with green tomato vinaigrette, cedar plank campfire rib eye with warm rmoulade sauce, banana cream pie with banana crust and caramel sprinkles. Lunch is 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Supper is from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Seafood Bar is available for lunch and dinner daily.
3799 S. Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
SW Steakhouse Head chef David Walzog provides a range of charred, prime-aged steaks and chops, as well as poultry and seafood at SW Steakhouse. The AAA 4 Diamond dining establishment has been called “Finest Steakhouse in Las Vegas” by New York Magazine. Brock Radke, Las Vegas Weekly’s dining establishment customer, included it in his 2012 list of the 10 best steakhouses in Las Vegas.
3131 S. Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109