Tag Archives: flesh

Mom warning other moms and dads after son, 8, dies from flesh-eating germs


An eastern Oregon kid died over the weekend after an eight-day battle with flesh-eating germs.

The young boy’s mother, Sara Hebard, stated she wishes to warn other moms and dads about how easily and rapidly this disease spreads, discussing that the catastrophe all started when her child fell off his bike.

She discussed her 8-year-old boy Liam Flanagan was riding his bike on the driveway of his household’s farm in pilot rock when he took a bad fall. He went to the emergency room in nearby Pendleton with a bloody thigh injury near his groin.

Hebard said Liam was sewn up with seven stitches and that she believed that should have been completion of it, however Liam suffered discomfort.

In the beginning, Hebard said she treated it with Tylenol, but the discomfort seemed to obtain worse – much worse.

Hebard said they took Liam back to the hospital in Pendleton where he had emergency surgical treatment. He was then airlifted to Doernbecher Kid’s Healthcare facility in Portland where he underwent several more surgeries.

Flesh-eating bacteria can spread extremely rapidly. Physicians attempted to cut it out from muscle and tissue extending from Liam’s ankle to his underarm.

Hebard is still surprised that all of this begun when her kid fell off his bicycle.

“It wasn’t a huge offer. It wasn’t a bad one. It just required a couple of stitches is all, that’s it,” she informed FOX 12. “And he was taking it like a cannon fodder. I suggest, how … how … that’s exactly what I ask– how? And there’s simply no response.”

Liam Flanagan passed away Sunday in Portland. He was a second-grader at Pilot Rock Primary School.

Hebard stated he was a sweet, kind young boy who never ever made an opponent and made everybody around him delighted. Her guidance to other parents is easy.

“I would need to state for one, hug your kids tight due to the fact that you never ever understand how quickly it goes, and after that to focus on them and don’t just take for granted it might simply be a basic mishap,” she said. “And to spread out awareness due to the fact that people have no idea. I had never ever even heard of this before.”

Copyright 2018 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights booked.