Anastasia Synn and The Incredible Johnathan mess around on the red carpet for “ENTSpeaks” on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014, at Inspire Theater downtown.
Published Monday, June 8, 2015|1:58 p.m.
Upgraded 53 minutes ago
‘ENTSpeaks: Entertainers You Think You Know’
Launch slideshow “
The Fantastic Johnathan Weds Anastasia Synn
Introduce slideshow “
As always, The Kats Report Bureau is in between mani-pedi consultations. More will be discussed right here, obviously. But an uncommon manicure-pedicure and interview at the hair salon Color, the Michael Boychuck groovy grooming fortress at Caesars Palace, highlighted the weekend.
This was for a column showing up this week in Las Vegas Weekly. The nails are still shining and, yes, it does please.
– The Incredible Johnathan and his other half, Anastasia Synn, celebrated their first anniversary with a pool party over the weekend at the couple’s Environment-friendly Valley home. Not a common swimming pool celebration, naturally, as the night ended with a splashy volley ball game under black light in which the participants were smeared with florescent body paint.
Luxor headliner Carrot Top; master puppeteer Scott Land and his spouse, Lisa; Penny Wiggins (Psychic Tanya in A.J.’s act and among his closest buddies); and comic Geechy Individual were among those to visit the celebration, which also showcased a knife-throwing contest amongst amateur knife-throwers and requisite backyard pyrotechnics.
The scene motivated the reasonable question, “Exactly what could possibly go wrong?”
A.J. was in remarkably great spirits and is still combating the degenerative heart condition that has actually effectively ended his efficiency career. Anastasia and he are thinking about stem-cell treatments for his ailing heart, however this talk is extremely initial and just started, well, Sunday.
A little more than 5 years back, A.J. was identified with the degenerative heart disease cardiomyopathy. He likewise deals with Type-2 diabetes, which disqualifies him from receiving a heart transplant. His last performances were last June 30-July 1 at Magic Castle in L.A. His saga has been skillfully chronicled by Julie Seabaugh in an L.V. Weekly cover story in January, and in October A.J. himself told of his health perils in an appearance at “ENTSpeaks” in Inspire Theater.
“Do not pity me since I have had the very best, most extraordinary life that anybody might have.” And for A.J., the celebration seems far from over.
– We expected a great deal of tease from the “25th Annual Competition of Tease” Miss Exotic World competitors Saturday night at Orleans Showroom highlighting the Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend at the Orleans. But we didn’t prepare for that Burlesque Hall of Popularity executive director Dustin Wax would deliver among the greatest teases.
Appearing late in the five-hour program, Wax strode onstage in a quite-reflective silver fit and informed the audience that the Burlesque Hall of Fame had, simply that afternoon, entered into an agreement to move into a space “20 times larger” than its present house at Emergency situation Arts on Fremont Street.
That area has to do with 1,200 square feet, indicating the new home to the famous collection would have to do with 24,000 square feet. However lacking was the “where” and “when” of it all, and after the show Wax stated he was not yet licensed to divulge more details, though the space remains in the Arts District. The collection moved to Emergency Arts in 2010, and the Hall of Fame itself is commemorating its 50th anniversary.
The souvenirs covers more than a century of burlesque history and was long curated by the late burlesque legend Dixie Evans. The collection’s previous home was a huge barn in a deserted goat farm near Helendale, in the Mojave Dessert about a 3rd of the way from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. The Burlesque Hall of Fame weekend was a fundraiser for the effort to protect the collection, and a move to a brand-new and bigger house is long overdue.
Being Oscar at Downtown Mob Museum
Introduce slideshow “
– Oscar Goodman is sticking with the subject of Jimmy Chagra for his next supper series talk, set for Thursday night at Oscar’s Beef Alcohol & & Broads at the Plaza. “The Authority” is the title of the topic, referring (we expect) to Chagra, as soon as among the largest cannabis dealerships in the West who was a client of Goodman’s.
Though Goodman spoke Might 28 about his time with Chagra throughout an appearance at the Mob Museum, the former mayor assures a more personal account for Thursday’s occasion at the restaurant’s speakeasy room.
“This might be my best look yet,” he said, once more shunning humbleness. (The full-menu supper is $150 per person; call 702-386-7227 for reservations.)
Wayne Newton’s House
Launch slideshow “
– Wayne Newton’s Casa de Shenandoah is set for a mid-summer opening as a public destination. Newton has returned to the legendary 52-acre estate at Sundown and Pecos roadways. As strategies advance, task listings are published at CasaDeShenandoah.com/ professions. Positions open include visitor’s center/tour manager, security and transport manager, marketing and group sales supervisor, administrative assistant, tour guides, cashiers for ticketing and retail, shuttle motorists and guard.
Visitors to the tourist attraction are to be led through the equipment by means of shuttle bus to view wildlife, Arabian horses, classic-car collection, private jet and remarkable collection of souvenirs generated by Newton throughout his years in Las Vegas. A few personal, preliminary tours and a celebration paying tribute to longtime Newton family good friend Bud Paxson, the House Shopping Network and PAX TV founder who died in January, have actually been hung on the apartment.
– Here is a reference of Dee Snider related to a program that is not “Robbing the Rock Vault.” In an earlier interview, Snider pointed out a possible go back to “Rock of Ages,” as he carried out the function of Dennis Dupree on Broadway a couple of years back. In the beginning, it was anticipated that would occur early next year, now I’m hearing that it could be by the end of ’15. Whichever, it’s a great idea. “Rock of Ages,” inspired as it is, can constantly use some ticket-sales ignition. And Dee Snider is absolutely nothing if not an igniter.
– Blue Guy Group is performing what it is terming an “autism-friendly” program at 2 p.m. Sunday at Monte Carlo. BMG and Autism Speaks are amid a yearlong partnership, and $25,000 raised from the show will be directed to the charity. The production also is staging these one-off, autism-friendly programs at its Boston, New york city, Chicago and Orlando venues through December.
As passed on through a company press release, for these shows “small modifications will certainly be made, including lowering noise and light levels at numerous moments during the performance and making headphones readily available upon request.
“The Blue Men will certainly limit the quantity of direct audience communication and keep their strategy to the audience more controlled. Blue Man Group will certainly likewise create soothing environments in each theater’s lobby for households seeking a break from the enjoyment.”
– Residence of Blues at Mandalay Bay headliner Carlos Santana performed the national anthem Sunday prior to Game 2 of the NBA Finals at Oakland’s Oracle Arena. As S.F. Gate reports, Santana has been a Warriors fan given that 1975, the last time the franchise has claimed the NBA title. Incredibly, Santana has actually carried out the national anthem simply four times in his career, saying, “I am really selective. It needs to indicate a lot to me.”
The guitar fantastic states Warriors secure Stephen Curry is his favorite player. “How can you not love that little person? He’s adorable,” Santana said. “You search in his eyes, and you see a lot nobility.”
Orleans Display room The Orleans Showroom is an 850-seat theater that provides a constantly evolving schedule of live home entertainment from the top acts in stand-up comedy to rock-and-roll and jazz. To see the Occasion Calendar or to buy tickets, go online at www.orleanscasino.com or call the Box Workplace: 702-365-7075/ 888-365-7111.
4500 W Tropicana Ave Las Vegas, NV 89103
True to its name, The Orleans provides visitors a year-round Mardi Gras feeling with a New Orleans French Quarter environment.
Found just a brief way from the center of wagering on the Strip, The Orleans provides a collection of tourist attractions that helps to draw in a mix of residents and visitors.
In addition to the 1,885 hotel rooms and 134,000-square foot casino, the building has a 70-lane bowling center, an 18-screen cinema, an 850-seat display room and a 9,500-seat arena, the home of the Las Vegas Wranglers hockey group.
The hotel likewise has 14 dining options, consisting of Canal Street, The Prime Rib Loft, Koji Sushi Bar & & China Bistro and Big Al’s Oyster Bar.
4500 W. Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89103
Follow John Katsilometes on Twitter at Twitter.com/ JohnnyKats. Also, follow “Kats With the Dish” at Twitter.com/ KatsWiththeDish.