Tag Archives: pleads

Donna Karan pleads forgiveness for Harvey Weinstein remarks

Image

Rick Maiman/ AP In this Aug. 22, 2007, file image, Harvey Weinstein and Donna Karan get to the best of “The Searching Celebration” at the Paris Theater in New York.

Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017|1:07 a.m.

New York City– Fashion designer Donna Karan is “regretful from the bottom of my heart” and embarrassed about “dumb” remarks she made last week that recommended sexual harassment victims were “asking for it” by the way they dressed.

Her discuss a red carpet touched off outrage online following sexual harassment and assault accusations versus fallen movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Karan spoke to Women’s Wear Daily in an interview released Monday, stating she spoke while sleep denied and without understanding information of the mounting claims versus Weinstein, telling a red carpet press reporter:

“How do we display ourselves, how do we provide ourselves as ladies, what are we asking? Are we asking for it, you know, by presenting all the sensuality and all the sexuality? … It’s not Harvey Weinstein. You look at whatever all over the world today, you understand, and how females are dressing and, you know, exactly what they’re asking by just presenting themselves the way they do. Exactly what are they asking for? Trouble.”

The designer informed WWD, “I made a horrible mistake. I regret it from the bottom of my heart. This is never ever who I am as a female.”

Karan has been in the fashion industry for 40 years, frequently championing ladies’s causes. Her on-camera remarks went viral, activating outrage and a drop in the stock rate of G-111, which has owned the business that bears her name since in 2015.

The production company Weinstein co-founded fired him Oct. 8, days after he was accused of sexually pestering ladies for decades in an expose by The New york city Times. Subsequent stories by the Times and The New Yorker consisted of accusations of abuse, and more than three lots ladies have openly accused the disgraced magnate of abuse. He resigned from the board of The Weinstein Co. on Tuesday. Weinstein has denied the accusations.

Russian cyberhacker pleads guilty in identity theft case

Monday, Sept. 11, 2017|1:49 p.m.

. A 33-year-old Russian cybercriminal has pleaded guilty in Atlanta to offering taken personal details through a $50 million identity theft and credit card fraud ring referred to as “carder.su.”

Federal prosecutors in Nevada and the United States state of Georgia say Roman Valeryevich Seleznev currently is serving 27 years for wire fraud and computer system hacking convictions last year in Seattle.

He pleaded guilty Thursday in Atlanta to conspiracy to dedicate bank fraud, and to a racketeering charge in the “carder.su” case in Las Vegas.

Seleznev’s defense lawyer, Igor Litvak, said Monday his client accepted responsibility in both cases and looks forward to sentencing Dec. 11. He could get up to 24 more years in federal prison.

Prosecutors say Seleznev used online names including Track2, Bulba and Ncux.

Guy pleads innocent in one-punch murder case

Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017|12:51 p.m.

. A 28-year-old male has pleaded innocent to eliminating a California man with a single punch outside a downtown Las Vegas bar.

James Michael Beach remained imprisoned on $350,000 bail following his arraignment today on murder and frightening a witness charges.

Beach’s legal representative, Greg Knapp, says he wishes to examine medical records to see whether other conditions added to 45-year-old Luis Campos’ death.

Prosecutors say monitoring video appears to reveal the April 30 punch was unprovoked.

Campos, a father of 5 from La Puente, California, remained in Las Vegas for a bachelor party.

He never ever gained back consciousness after falling to the walkway. He died at a health center four days later.

The judge set trial to begin Oct. 2.

NY male pleads not guilty to murder of mommy, sister, 3rd woman

Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017|2:08 p.m.

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.– A guy implicated of bludgeoning his mom, sibling and another lady in a fatal hammer attack on New york city’s Long Island has pleaded innocent to murder.

Bobby Vanderhall is being held without bail after his arraignment Sunday.

The 34-year-old Vanderhall was arrested Saturday on murder charges in the deaths of his mom, Lynn Reichenbach-Vanderhall; his sibling, Melissa Vanderhall; and visitor Janel Simpson.

Officials stated a 4th woman managed to escape and summon assistance.

Nassau County police state Vanderhall had a history of psychological issues, and his mom had gotten a protective order against him and had actually thrown him out of their Hempstead home. Cops state Vanderhall used a big hammer to break through the basement door, then attacked the ladies.

This story has been remedied to reveal that the case is being handled by Nassau County police, not Suffolk County cops.

Teenager pleads not guilty in fatal crash taped on Instagram

LOS BANOS, Calif. (AP)– A California teen pleaded not guilty Wednesday to felony charges of car murder and inebriated driving after she lost control of her car while livestreaming on Instagram and tape-recording a crash that killed her more youthful sis.

Obdulia Sanchez, 18, appeared through remote camera in Merced County Superior Court, dressed in yellow prisoner garb. She pleaded innocent to all 6 counts and responded a “little bit” when the judge asked whether she comprehended the charges versus her.

Ramnik Samrao, a public protector who represents Sanchez, stated the teen believes she killed her sibling.

“Anybody can say extremely quickly that she is accountable for the death. She thinks that too. She said several times, ‘I eliminated my sibling, I eliminated my sibling,'” Samrao said outside court. “There’s no doubt about that, however whether there was a crime dedicated, that’s a separate story.”

The judge set bail at $560,000.

Sanchez was owning the automobile on Friday when it veered onto the shoulder of a roadway about 75 miles (121 kilometers) northwest of Fresno.

Authorities said she overcorrected, triggering the automobile to swerve and overturn into a field, ejecting and killing her 14-year-old sibling, Jacqueline Sanchez.

Prosecutors say the video, that includes pictures of her dancing to music while owning and taking her hands from the guiding wheel, will be a key piece of evidence in the event.

In a declaration, Merced County Chief Deputy District Lawyer Harold Nutt had called the behavior “disturbing and shocking.”

“It reflects some wickedness and some stupidity and that sort of thing. It’s shocking behavior, no question about it,” Nutt said outside court.

He stated Sanchez’s blood alcohol material was 0.10. The legal limit in California for grownups is 0.08 and for those under 21, anything over.01 percent is illegal, stated Jessica Gonzalez, a spokesperson for the Department of Motor Automobiles.

Sanchez was convicted of negligent driving in 2015 for owning without a license when she was 14, Gonzalez stated.

After a space in the livestream of the crash, the driver is seen leaning over the lady’s body, stating she was sorry. She stated she expected to invest the rest of her life in prison however doesn’t care.

“This is the last thing I wished to take place, OK? … Rest in peace, sweetie,” the teen states. “If you don’t survive, I’m so (expletive) sorry.”

Another 14-year-old woman suffered a leg injury in the crash.

The 6 counts against Sanchez likewise consist of drunken driving resulting in injuries. District attorneys state Sanchez could invest more than 13 years in state prison if convicted of all the charges.

Her daddy, Nicandro Sanchez, has called it an indescribable accident and stated Obdulia had actually remained in the custody of Child Protective Solutions the past 2 years.

The lady who survived the crash stated she wasn’t mad at anyone and doesn’t blame the motorist.

Rather, Manuela Seja blamed social networks, which she stated has taken control of people’s lives, television station KSEE in Fresno (http://bit.ly/2v2bYRB) reported.

___

The story has actually been corrected to reveal Sanchez faces charges on 6 counts, not five.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights scheduled. This material may not be published, broadcast, reworded or rearranged.

California male pleads not guilty to killing 5-year-old boy

Monday, July 3, 2017|1:58 p.m.

ALHAMBRA, Calif.– A California guy who authorities state eliminated his son after a household journey to Disneyland pleaded innocent to a murder charge Monday, days after his boy’s body was discovered near a Southern California lake.

Aramazd Andressian Sr., hands shackled at his waist, appeared before Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Cathryn Brougham, who set bail at $10 million and scheduled an initial hearing for Aug. 16.

Authorities have stated Andressian killed his boy, Aramazd Andressian Jr., to obtain back at his estranged wife. However they haven’t divulged how the kid was eliminated, what evidence there is linking the dad to the boy’s death or what led them to discover the young boy’s body more than two months after his disappearance.

Homicide detectives discovered the remains of the young boy near Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara County on June 30. Before discovering the remains, authorities had two times formerly browsed the lake unsuccessfully, using pets and a dive team.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s detectives have actually said they think the kid was killed early April 21 after a trip to Disneyland. Andressian told authorities that he drove that day about 145 miles (233 kilometers) to Lake Cachuma.

Andressian was brought back to Los Angeles recently from Las Vegas, where he had been living for more than a month.

Defense attorney Ambrosio Rodriguez said outside court his client was “in a state of shock” which a blue smock his customer used during the arraignment was a suicide-prevention garment. Andressian was likewise being examined by a prison psychiatrist, he stated.

“Undoubtedly my customer is handling this and being accused of killing his child and his boy’s body discovered,” Rodriguez stated. “This is an awful day. In a long line of horrible days.”

Rodriguez declined to comment when asked what his client states taken place to his child and would not address other concerns about the case.

The young boy’s mother and dozens of other member of the family attending the arraignment Monday.

“We are all mourning right now,” Shaun Estevez, the boy’s uncle, stated after the arraignment. “We’re really injuring.”

He stated his sis, the young boy’s mother, is still trying to come to grips with her kid’s death.

“We’re here for justice for Piqui,” he stated, using the young boy’s nickname. “He was a great kid.”

Estevez stated “no words might describe” seeing the dad in court.

'' Money Me Ousside ' teen pleads guilty to charges

By Charles Keegan

DELARY BEACH, Fla. (WPTV/CNN)– The Boynton Beach teen who acquired an instant following with her “Cash Me Ousside” catchphrase pleaded guilty Wednesday morning to multiple charges.

Danielle Bregoli Peskowitz pleaded guilty to grand theft charges, one charge of filing an incorrect report and one count of cannabis belongings.

The state dropped a number of other charges against the teen throughout a hearing at the South County Courthouse in Delray Beach.

The criminal charges pre-date her appearance on the Dr. Phil Show.

WATCH: What May Be Driving A 13-Year-Old’s “Out-Of-Control” Behavior (Source: YouTube)

Her September 2016 appearance on the national talk program moved Bregoli Peskowitz to instant popularity when she informed the audience to “Money me ousside, how bout dah?”

A judge will sentence Danielle at a hearing next month while her daddy, Ira Peskowitz, continues to fight for her custody.

After the court hearing, Peskowitz talked with press reporters.

Trust me, It’s ALL good

— Danielle Bregoli (@TheBhadBhabie) June 28, 2017 He stated a management team controls Danielle’s motions and claimed it “exploits” her by subjecting her to things unsuitable for 14-year-olds.

“I am the only moms and dad in this relationship with Danielle that is attempting to see the very best thing for this kid,” Peskowitz said. “To have her be a property to the neighborhood, to understand what love it and to comprehend what household is about.”

Neither Danielle, nor her mom talked to the media after the proceedings.

Danielle deals with her mom, but her dad has actually argued that this is not the best environment for the teenager.

A spokesperson for the girl’s daddy said he does not desire his daughter living in California with her mom signing handle publicists, agents and reality television programs.

Danielle was involved in a February incident outside a Lake Worth bar.

Video obviously revealed here exchanging words with 2 ladies outside the Kavasutra Kava Bar after a woman expressed concerned about the child being out late. A lady who was with Danielle at the time was later on nabbed after that incident.

Danielle was also captured on video fighting with an airplane guest in February.

Her mom, Barbara Ann Bregoli, was also part of the altercation, as seen on the video. The pair, along with the traveler, needed to be eliminated from that flight.

Click on this link to find out more

TM & & © 2017 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

Wife pleads guilty in slaying of U.S. airman from Guam

Image

Clark County Detention Center/ AP

Michelle Antwanette Paet

Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015|2:22 p.m.

. A 33-year-old mom of 4 kids sobbed and pleaded guilty in Las Vegas to conspiring with her ex-convict sweetheart and killing her other half, a U.S. Air Force service member from Guam.

The plea on Thursday by Michelle Antwanette Paet suggests she will prevent trial next week with the death penalty at stake in the December 2010 slaying of Personnel Sgt. Nathan Paet.

She continued to be shackled as she kipped down the courtroom, asked forgiveness and asked forgiveness from member of the family of her killed hubby.

Nathan Paet’s mother, Carmelita Paet, says she accepts the apology that it does not bring her kid back.

Michelle Paet pleaded guilty to charges of murder with a deadly weapon and conspiracy. She might get life in prison without parole, or a sentence permitting the possibility of release after 21 years.

Her former boyfriend, Michael Rudolph Rodriguez, was found guilty recently. He’ll get life in jail.

Las Vegas guy pleads guilty to sending spam to Facebook users

Monday, Aug. 24, 2015|9:44 p.m.

SAN JOSE, Calif.– Federal authorities say a Nevada male has pleaded guilty sending out more than 27 countless spam messages to Facebook users.

U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag said Monday that 47-year-old Sanford Wallace of Las Vegas admitted in federal court in San Jose to accessing about 500,000 Facebook accounts and sending out the spam messages in a period of three months.

Wallace acknowledged accessing Facebook’s computer network in order to send out the messages on three celebrations between November 2008 and February 2009.

Haag says Wallace likewise admitted that he breached a court order not to access Facebook’s computer network.

Wallace, known as the “Spam King,” is complimentary on bond and set up to be sentenced in December. He deals with a $250,000 fine and up to three years in prison.

Hockey player Paetsch pleads guilty to function in wagering ring

Image

AP Photo/Karl B DeBlaker

In this Sept. 21, 2010, file image, Florida Panthers Nathan Paetsch (17) celebrates his objective past Carolina Hurricanes’ Jay Harrison (44) and goalie Justin Pogge throughout 3rd duration of a preseason NHL hockey video game in Raleigh, N.C. U.S. Attorney William Hochul say Paetsch, who now plays in the AHL, pleaded guilty, Monday, June 22, 2015, in federal court in Rochester, to being part of an unlawful sports betting business. Part of the plea contract calls for probation, neighborhood service and 8 months of house confinement. He’ll also have to surrender $265,000.

Monday, June 22, 2015|7:36 p.m.

BUFFALO, N.Y.– An expert hockey gamer pleaded guilty Monday to being part of an illegal sports wagering company that took wagers from other gamers.

Under a contract with federal district attorneys, Nathan Paetsch will be sentenced to probation, 400 hours of local service and eight months of home confinement. He likewise has to surrender $265,000.

Paetsch, 32, played the last three periods in the American Hockey League. Prior to that, he invested part of 5 seasons with the National Hockey League’s Buffalo Sabres, through 2010.

He was included with a gambling operation that took bets through overseas web sites, authorities said, putting wagers himself and getting credit when he recruited fellow gamers and others to wager.

2 principals of the operation, bros Mark and Joseph Ruff, of Connecticut, were sentenced this year to 9 years and just under 3 1/2 years in prison, respectively, after pleading guilty to unlawful gambling and other charges. A third guy, Paul Borrelli, of Rochester, is waiting for sentencing.

Paetsch’s attorney stated the player’s participation in business was minimal, and neither he nor the hockey gamers he introduced to the operation ever bank on hockey.

“With all the players, it was truly a group of pals having a good time gambling amongst themselves,” lawyer David Morabito stated. “But they didn’t understand that the individuals they were wagering with were a lot more significant individuals that were associated with a major gambling operation.”

Paetsch’s written agreement with the Detroit Red Wings’ AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins, ends at the end of this year and the two sides are going over an extension, Red Wings assistant basic manager Ryan Martin said. The conviction will certainly not affect talks with the defenseman, he said.

“Nathan’s done a terrific task there helping us to develop our younger gamers for the Detroit Red Wings,” Martin stated. “He’s a veteran that played in the NHL. He’s got an excellent dedication to off-ice conditioning. He’s a great role model for those players in terms of being a professional hockey player.”

The house confinement and community service consisted of in the plea contract are not anticipated to disrupt his ability to play, Martin stated.

U.S. Attorney William Hochul stated Paetsch offered usernames and passwords for gamblers to put Web wagers and made plans for the collection of payments from gamblers in Canada, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida. He would evade bank reporting requirements by remaining deals to under $10,000, district attorneys said.

The charges to which Paetsch pleaded guilty, transmission of wagering info and structuring transactions to avert reporting requirements, bring an optimal potential penalty of 7 years in jail.

Although the plea contract requires Paetsch to forfeit $265,000 in lieu of a 2011 BMW and his interests in two homes, in Spencerport and Naples, Florida, the quantity that he won gambling was much less, Morabito stated, approximating it at around $26,000.

Morabito stated Paetsch plans to say sorry to his family, friends and teammates at his sentencing, arranged for Aug. 31 in federal court in Rochester.