Tag Archives: shooting

Man apprehended after officer-involved shooting in North Las Vegas

Antonio Aquino (NLVPD)
< img alt=" Antonio Aquino( NLVPD)"

title=" Antonio Aquino (NLVPD) "border=

” 0″ src=” /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/16490488_G.jpg “width=” 180 “/ > Antonio Aquino( NLVPD). NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV( FOX5) -. North Las Vegas cops arrested a man following an officer-involved shooting in North Las Vegas Friday evening.

Officers were dispatched about 6 p.m. to the 4200 block of Galapagos Opportunity, near Aviary Method and U.S. 95 concerning a disturbance involving Antonio Aquino, 34, authorities said in a release.

Initially, police cleared the call as no criminal activity had actually been devoted, cops stated. About an hour later on, cops were dispatched to the same house regarding weapon shots. Officers had established a border before the officer-involved shooting happened.

Cops said Aquino was seen equipping himself with a gun prior to an officer fired at least one round. Aquino was struck and suffered non-life threatening injuries. He did not surrender to officers and SWAT was called to help, cops stated.

Aquino was collared without incident about 3:30 a.m. and was taken to University Medical Center. He was reserved in the Las Vegas City Detention Center after he was released on a charged of attack with a deadly weapon and one charge for discharging a weapon.

The 27-year-old officer was not determined, but had been with the department because November 2016, police stated.

This was the very first officer-involved shooting in North Las Vegas in 2018.

Anyone with information is advised to call the North Las Vegas Police Department at 702-633-9111 or, to remain confidential, call 702-385-5555.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Metro investigating officer-involved shooting in northeast valley

Parents turn in boy to stop school shooting plot

PAW PAW, Mich. (WOOD/CNN)– 2 Michigan moms and dads turned their kid over to authorities after they said he admitted to planning a school shooting.

Police the 15-year-old trainee from Paw High School approached his moms and dads on Sunday and informed them exactly what he ‘d been planning.

“It was a big shock,” the teenager’s stepfather stated.

The moms and dads said he stole 2 guns from his grandparents’ home and cut them so they ‘d suit his backpack. Authorities said he also had homemade Molotov cocktails and a minimum of a few of the materials to make pipeline bombs.

“He came to us and said that he’s been actually upset and said that he’s been planning to do something bad,” the teen’s stepfather stated.

The family stated the teenager was bullied at the school and things became worse after a photo of the teenager wearing his underwear in some way started to spread out about the student body.

“Since that point, it’s simply been unrelenting,” the stepfather said.

Van Buren County Sheriff Dan Abbott said it was a close call.

“There’s no concern in my mind, there was going to be a terrorist act today. The guns were going to go inside a school in addition to the bombs, and it was going to be a bad environment today,” Abbott said.

The scenario emerged when the stepfather and the teen’s mother brought him to the sheriff’s department and he informed authorities what he had actually been planning– a move that the constable stated might have conserved lives.

“These moms and dads did a good job and I hope the public sees that,” Abbott stated.

The moms and dads of the teenager suspect stated the young man is worthy of credit, too.

“He walked right into the lobby and was like, ‘This is exactly what I’ve been intending on doing.’ He stated, ‘This is where you can find whatever,'” the stepfather said.

Paw Paw Public Schools cancelled classes Monday due to the danger.

The 15-year-old was likewise arraigned Monday on a number of felony charges and could be tried as a grownup.

The young boy’s household and the constable said they hope he gets the assistance he needs.

The-CNN-Wire ™ & & © 2018 Cable Television News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Business. All rights booked.

Overnight shooting hurts 2 ladies in downtown Las Vegas

FOX5 generic.
< img alt=" FOX5 generic.

" title=" FOX5 generic.

” border=” 0″ src=” /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16341008_G.jpg” width =” 180″/ > FOX5 generic. LAS VEGAS( FOX5)- Las Vegas Metro authorities were examining a shooting that hurt 2 females early Sunday morning near the Fremont Street Experience in downtown.

Officers responded to reports of shots fired in a location near 7th and Fremont streets at 2:53 a.m. Inning accordance with the investigation, an argument between party-goers broke out and turned violent when the suspects opened fire.

2 ladies were carried to a neighboring healthcare facility with non-life threatening injuries. Police did not disclose additional information about the suspects associated with the shooting.

Anybody with details about this incident is prompted to call the LVMPD at 702-828-3111.

Copyright 2018 KVVU ( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

2 arrested in fatal shooting inside SUV caught on video

Friday, March 16, 2018|6:45 p.m.

Related news

Two males have been apprehended in the deadly shooting of a man whose death was captured on video at an east valley apartment or condo last month, according to Metro Cops scheduling logs.

Matthew Johnson, 21, and Brandon Webb, 20, on Thursday were jailed on murder and robbery counts, prison logs show.

They’re implicated in the Feb. 19 slaying of Yaphette Johnson, a 24-year-old who was shot as he beinged in an older model Ford Expedition in 4600 block of Vegas Valley Drive, near Boulder Highway, police stated.

Officers found his body about 9:45 a.m. that day, about three hours after the shooting, cops said.

Monitoring images recorded the victim appearing at the complex about 10 minutes before a gunman is seen approaching the automobile and opening fire, authorities stated. It wasn’t instantly clear who police allege shot.

Further information on the arrests were not right away available.

Matthew Johnson and Webb are being held without bail at the Clark County Detention Center.

Male arrested after shooting in strip club parking area

Monday, March 12, 2018|1:52 p.m.

. A male shot a female he says was attempting to break into his cars and truck in a strip club car park Monday early morning, inning accordance with Metro Authorities.

The man confronted the woman about 6:30 a.m. outside Cheetah’s gentlemen’s club, 2112 Western Avenue, near Interstate 15 and Sahara Avenue, cops stated.

The male stated he asked the woman to obtain far from the car and fired a warning shot when she declined, according to authorities. The bullet ricocheted off the ground and struck the lady in the leg, cops stated.

She was taken to University Medical Center with a nonlife-threatening injury, cops stated.

The guy was jailed on a count of battery with a deadly weapon and taken to Clark County Detention Center, cops stated.

Authorities: 2 dead in double shooting in southeast Las Vegas

Two people were killed at Bridle Court and Lasso Circle in southeast Las Vegas. March 6, 2018 (Photo: Jason Westerhaus/ FOX5)
< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16256364_G.jpg "alt=" Two people were killed at Bridle Court and Lasso Circle in southeast Las Vegas. March 6, 2018 (Image: Jason Westerhaus/ FOX5)"

title=" Two individuals were eliminated at Bridle Court

and Lasso Circle in southeast Las Vegas. March 6, 2018 (Picture: Jason Westerhaus/ FOX5)” border =” 0″ width=” 180″/ > 2 people were killed at Bridle Court and Lasso Circle in southeast Las Vegas. March 6, 2018( Photo: Jason Westerhaus/ FOX5).

LAS VEGAS( FOX5)-. Las Vegas City police were investigating a shooting in the southeast part of the Valley that left 2 men dead late Tuesday morning. The incident occurred at 10:43 a.m. outside of a house near Bridle Court and Lasso Circle in Las Vegas, inning accordance with police.

A 50-year-old guy shot a 70-year-old male, prior to fatally turning the gun on himself, authorities stated.

The 70-year-old victim was carried to Sunrise Trauma health center where he passed away.

A heavy authorities presence was reported in the location during the investigation.

No further details were instantly launched.

Copyright 2018 KVVU( KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Oct. 1 shooting fund set to release $31.4 million

Image

< img class=" picture" src=" /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/AP_17315250885593_t653.jpg" alt

=” Image “/ > John Locher/ AP In this Monday, Oct. 16, 2017, picture, individuals go to a makeshift memorial for victims of the Oct. 1 mass shooting in Las Vegas.

. The Las Vegas Victims’ Fund on Monday will start dispersing $31.4 million to people injured and the families of those killed in the Oct. 1 mass shooting on the Strip.

The cash will be distributed to more than 500 plaintiffs, with the greatest dispensations– $275,000– going to the households of the 58 people eliminated and 10 people who suffered permanent paralysis or mental retardation in the attack.

” The love and support shown for the households and survivors of the 1 October tragedy was significant,” stated Scott Nielson, chairman of the Las Vegas Victims’ Fund Committee.

” We recognize, however, that cash can not change a life lost or permanently altered due to this terrible occasion,” Nielson stated.” Exactly what the committee strove to do was disperse the gifts given by 10s of thousands of individuals in a manner that would assist those families and survivors most seriously affected by 1 October.”

A gunman opened fire on Oct. 1 from the 32nd flooring of a Strip hotel tower into a crowd of individuals at a country music performance across the street, killing 58 and hurting more than 800. The fund processed claims from 532 people and households.

People who were hospitalized– a total of 147– will receive from $17,500 to $200,000, depending on for how long they remained in the health center. The fund broke down the disbursements as follows:

– Hospitalized one day (32 individuals): $17,500

– Hospitalized two to seven days (77 people): $52,500

– Hospitalized eight to 15 days (15 individuals): $100,000

– Hospitalized 16 to 23 days (nine individuals): $150,000

– Hospitalized 24 days or more (14 people): $200,000

A total of 317 claimants who were hurt and received outpatient care stand to share $2.5 million– about $7,900 each– once all claims are verified, authorities stated.

The distribution of the money is anticipated to be finished by the end of the month.

Money from the Las Vegas Victims’ Fund consists of contributions made to other funds, such as the Vegas Strong Fund, the Direct Effect Fund and the National Empathy Fund.

It was collected from more than 90,000 donors, with nearly 40 percent of the funds contributed by Las Vegas video gaming companies and $1 million in matching funds from Zappos. Individual donations varied from $1 to nearly $400,000.

The Vegas Strong Fund raised $5.2 million, which included donations from Las Vegas Sands Corp., Wynn Resorts, Caesars Home Entertainment, Boyd Video Gaming and Red Rock Resorts, as well as $66,000 in Tee shirts sales by Green Valley High School. A benefit concert in December at T-Mobile Arena raised some $700,000.

The Las Vegas Victims’ Fund is separate from the Nevada Victims of Criminal Offense Program, which offers cash to help victims offset the monetary concern of funerals and medical, psychological health and other costs. To find out more, click here.

Cops jail man in connection with fatal shooting in Las Vegas desert

Andy Soto (LVMPD)
< img alt=" Andy Soto( LVMPD)

” title=” Andy Soto( LVMPD)” border=” 0″ src= “/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/16211537_G.jpg “width=” 180 “/ > Andy Soto( LVMPD). Las Vegas cops apprehended a man in connection with a fatal shooting

in the desert Monday night. Cops reacted to the shooting about 10:30 p.m. on Monday at the intersection of East Lake Mead Boulevard and East Pabco Roadway and discovered a male dead from a gunshot wound.

Police said the victim was shooting guns in the desert with two friends and had apparently been consuming prior to he was shot.

Andy Soto, 19, was arrested and scheduled for open murder.

The identity of the victim, as well as the cause and manner of death, will be launched by the Clark County Coroner’s Office.

Anyone with any info about this event is prompted to call the LVMPD Homicide Section by phone at 702-828-3521, or by e-mail at [email protected] To stay confidential, contact Criminal activity Stoppers by phone at 702-385-5555, or on the web at www.crimestoppersofnv.com.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Video reveals suspect in shooting at Las Vegas transgender bar

City Authorities today launched a video of a suspect they say shot into a central valley bar popular with the transgender neighborhood recently, hurting a victim.

An intention for the apparently random shooting– reported about 5:15 a.m. Friday at The Las Vegas Lounge, 900 Karen Ave., near Maryland Parkway– has actually not been established, police stated.

The victim suffered a wound to the leg not considered dangerous, police said.

The suspect arrived on foot, strolled by the lounge, pulled out a gun and shot into the structure “without alerting” from a car park, police stated. Several people were inside business, and no one saw the shooter before he fled.

The video released today shows the guy strolling on a typical on an unidentified roadway.

Anyone with info is asked to call authorities at 702-828-8639. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or crimestoppersofnv.com.