Tag Archives: stand

NFL gamer says he will '' be done playing football' ' if required to stand for anthem

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) –

Tennessee Titans wide receiver Rishard Matthews will not remain in the locker space or pay a great if the NFL makes a new rule requiring gamers to stand for the national anthem at games.

Mathews informed a News 4 producer that if a new rule is put in location, he will give up playing expert football.

Right after publishing the tweet, Matthews deleted it.

This follows NFL teams throughout the nation started kneeling or remaining in their locker spaces during the nationwide anthem due to the fact that of statements by President Donald Trump.

Trump has actually repeatedly criticized gamers and groups who kneel during the anthem to demonstration, saying that any gamers who chose not to stand should be fired.

Earlier this month, the Seattle Seahawks and Titans remained off the field during the anthem. This was the very first Sunday after Trump made his remarks.

After the game, the Titans released this statement:

“As a group, we wanted to be combined in our actions today,” the players said in a statement posted on the Titans’ site. “The gamers collectively decided this was the best strategy. Our dedication to the military and our community is resolute and the lack of our group for the national anthem should not be misconstrued as unpatriotic.”

Ever since, the debate between Pres. Trump and NFL gamers have escalated significantly.

It is about time that Roger Goodell of the NFL is finally requiring that players STAND for our great National Anthem-RESPECT OUR COUNTRY

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

October 11, 2017 Why is the NFL getting huge tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Nation? Change tax law!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

October 10, 2017 Since Trump tweeted about the NFL’s plans, they have releaseded a statement contesting the claim.

In a letter to NFL team executives that was gotten by CNNMoney, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league needs to “move past this debate” and the conflict “is threatening to erode the unifying power of our video game and is now dividing us, and our gamers, from lots of fans throughout the nation.”
Concerned about
how fans will react, and how that will affect ticket sales, the league is reportedly taking a look at the possibility of a new rule needing players to appear and represent the anthem.

NFL players were not required to be on the sidelines throughout the national anthem for games prior to 2009.

Copyright 2017 WSMV(Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Papa of missing girl, 3, forced her to stand outside when she didn'' t beverage her milk: Cops

<aPolice are searching for Sherin Mathews, 3, who is believed to be in grave or immediate danger. (Family Photo/Richardson Police Department)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/10/15109070_G.png" alt=" Cops are searching for Sherin Mathews, 3, who is thought to be in severe or instant danger. (Family Photo/Richardson Authorities Department)"

title=” Authorities are looking for Sherin Mathews, 3, who is thought to be in serious or immediate danger. (Family Photo/Richardson Cops Department)” border =” 0″ width= “180”/ > Cops are searching for Sherin Mathews, 3, who is

thought to be in grave or instant risk. (Family Photo/Richardson Police Department). (Meredith)– A Texas guy is accused of positioning his 3-year-old child outside when she didn’t consume her milk. Minutes later the young child vanished, according to an affidavit. Since Monday early morning, authorities are still searching for Sherin Mathews who is believed to be in severe or instant threat, KTVT reports.

The woman’s daddy, Wesley Mathews, told cops that he made his child wait a tree in the backyard of their home in Richardson, Texas at 3 a.m. on Saturday as punishment for not consuming the milk.

Mathews said when he returned 15 minutes later, the little girl was gone.

However, her parents did not report her missing out on until 8 a.m., police said. Richardson Authorities Sgt. Kevin Perlich told KTVT detectives are aiming to figure out why the parents called 911 several hours later on.

” Well, that’s the exact same question we had for the moms and dads is that a lot of time elapsed before we were really contacted, and why was there such a lapse in time?” Perlich said.

Police later on apprehended Mathews, who claimed to be the last individual who saw the 3-year-old. He is accuseded of abandoning or threatening a kid.

Private investigators questioned the mother separately, but she is not presently facing any charges.

Next-door neighbors and church members who showed up after an Amber Alert was issued on Saturday informed KTVT little Sherin was embraced from India.

Cops said the 3-year-old likewise struggles with developmental problems and has limited spoken communication skills.

Anybody with info on her location is asked to call police at 972-744-4800.

Copyright 2017 Meredith Corporation. All rights scheduled.

3 guys sought in heist of downtown Las Vegas taco stand

Image

Courtesy 3 guys are being sought in the heist of a central valley taco stand late Monday, inning accordance with Metro Police.

Las Vegas authorities are looking for 3 male suspects in the heist of taco stand late Monday near downtown, according to Metro Authorities.

Officers were dispatched at about 10:45 p.m. to the stand at 530 Las Vegas Blvd. North, near Gold mine Road, Metro Authorities dispatch logs show.

The suspects approached the stand pretending to be customers and one of them took out a weapon, cops said. The men ran away with an undisclosed amount of cash in an unknown white, four-door sedan without any license plates.

Authorities explained the suspects as being black men between the ages of 20 and 30.

One used a black and white shirt, shorts and gray shoes, cops said. The second man wore a dark blue sweatshirt with red lettering, blue denims and a black head cover, while the used a gray tank top, a gray sweatshirt, and blue jeans with black under shorts.

The car was more described as having a spare tire on the back guest side, police said.

Anybody with info is asked to call authorities at 702-828-3591. To remain confidential, contact Criminal offense Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or crimestoppersofnv.com

Will he or won'' t he? Cosby might take stand at sex trial

Image

Matt Rourke/ AP FILE In a Friday, June 9, 2017 file picture, Costs Cosby shows up for his sexual assault trial at the Montgomery County Court house in Norristown, Pa. Jurors at Bill Cosby’s rural Philadelphia sexual-assault trial don’t know if they’ll speak with him in person when the defense begins providing its case Monday, June 12, 2017.

Sunday, June 11, 2017|3:14 p.m.

NORRISTOWN, Pa.– Jurors at Bill Cosby’s sexual-assault trial have heard accuser Andrea Constand’s side of the story and have actually heard Cosby’s variation in the form of his authorities declaration and his lurid deposition in her 2005 lawsuit, however they have no idea if they’ll speak with him in person when his defense starts Monday.

Cosby’s spokesperson states maybe. His attorneys are remaining mum.

Specialists say the “Cosby Show” actor and storyteller could charm the jury but the risk would be substantial.

“He could be a wonderful witness. … He’s a star, and he’s a great actor,” Duquesne University School of Law professor Wes Oliver stated. “(However) he is possibly opening the door to a great deal of interrogation that they battled truly tough to keep out.”

Prosecutors desired 13 other accusers to testify, however the judge enabled simply one, an assistant to Cosby’s representative at the William Morris Firm. That meant the prosecution rested its case Friday, just 5 days after the trial started.

Constand says Cosby drugged and molested her, which he rejects. Cosby, who’s 79, could deal with years in jail if convicted.

If Cosby testifies and denies drugging and molesting Constand or anyone else, the judge may allow more individuals to affirm as rebuttal witnesses.

“It would be really bad for him for the jury to even begin to think about the other females,” Oliver said.

Not surprisingly in a “he said, she stated” case, the defense’s primary objective has actually been to attack the reliability of Constand and the William Morris assistant, Kelly Johnson. Johnson had corroborating proof in the form of her 1996 workers’ compensation claim versus the talent agency. An attorney who worked on the case recalled her account of being drugged and sexually attacked by Cosby and had notes to back up his memory.

The defense seized on a glaring discrepancy in the account. The lawyer’s notes say the encounter happened in 1990, while Johnson insists it was 1996, the year she left work and submitted the claim.

The defense had more difficulty trying to discredit Constand, a former Temple University worker. It hammered home the point that she was at first unsure exactly what month the encounter occurred and had routine phone contact with Cosby afterward. Nevertheless, Constand showed imperturbable, discussing that she needed to return calls from Cosby, a university trustee, because he was a crucial booster and she worked for the females’s basketball group.

Constand left Temple when the season ended in March 2004 and submitted a police grievance in January 2005 after moving back home to the Toronto location. She took legal action against Cosby in March 2005 when the regional prosecutor chose not to charge him.

Cosby’s four days of testimony in her civil case reveal just how hard a witness he ‘d be to manage. His responses, like his funny routines, meander from indicate point and veer towards stream of consciousness.

Asked to describe what he called an earlier “romantic” encounter with Constand, he stated, “The action is my hand on her midriff, which is skin. I’m not lifting any clothing up. This is, I do not remember fully exactly what it is, but it’s there and I can feel.”

“I don’t hear her say anything,” he continued. “And I don’t feel her state anything. And so I continue, and I go into the area that is someplace between consent and rejection.”

And the language he uses to describe his sexual encounters with various girls can be jarring. He talks in the deposition of “the penile entrance” and “digital penetration.” He informed Constand’s mother, when she called to challenge him, that Constand had had an orgasm. And he may produce tips of conceit.

“One of the best writers in the world, and I’m stopping working,” Cosby said when asked to repeat an answer in the deposition.

The defense could call other witnesses to try to reinforce its argument that Cosby had a consensual relationship with Constand, 35 years his junior. It has actually stressed that Constand went to his home numerous times, went to New York and Connecticut to have dinner with him and others and spent about 15 minutes alone with him on a hotel bed.

Cosby, who developed a wholesome reputation as a family man throughout his 50-year profession in home entertainment and was called America’s Daddy, told cops he held her in his arms that night but did not kiss her. Constand stated he called her to his space to get some leftover pastries.

The trial will transfer to closing arguments Monday if the defense selects not to call any witnesses.

The Associated Press does not typically determine individuals who say they are sexual-assault victims without approval, which Constand and Johnson have provided.

Ex-UNLV football player takes stand in suit versus medical professional

A former UNLV football player who declares a surgeon mishandled a spine surgery and ended his football profession told a jury Friday he went from “playing football to being damn-near paralyzed” within weeks of the treatment.

Beau Orth, when an all-state security for the 2007-08 state champ Bishop Gorman Gaels, stated the most basic of tasks– getting out of bed and strolling to the restroom– became nearly impossible since of discomfort.

It only set in after he saw Las Vegas specialist Dr. Albert Capanna for a herniated disc, specifically the L5-S1, in September 2010, Orth stated. Capanna, Orth claims, operated on the incorrect disc.

Now Orth, a 25-year-old marketing executive with KVVU-Fox 5, is seeking over $5 million in damages to cover past and future medical costs in addition to pain and suffering.

Minor pain and feeling numb began in his left leg after his 2008 freshman season at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Orth testifed Friday. But he played through the next season.

By spring 2010, the shooting discomfort in his leg was getting worse, he stated. After trying pain-treatment injections for a couple of months, surgical treatment looked like the next step.

Capanna operated on Sept. 17, 2010, and things seemed OK in the beginning, Orth said. However by the beginning of October, the discomfort escalated, he stated.

Making use of a normal chair was unbearable, Orth stated. So his household set up a high-sitting yard chair in the middle of their living room so Orth would not have to move much from a standing to seated position in hopes of minimizing the pain.

“We understood something was wrong,” Orth said, “we simply didn’t know what it was.”

At 11:30 p.m. Oct. 5, Orth called Capanna about the discomfort. An MRI was done the following day and he spoke with Capanna over the phone on Oct. 7, he stated.

According to Orth, Capanna informed him the MRI showed just substantial swelling, and that he ought to continue his current treatment and pain medication. But Orth and his family desired a second opinion, and went to Dr. Andrew Money, another Las Vegas orthopedic cosmetic surgeon.

According to the suit, Cash saw damage to the disc above the original herniated disc as well as thought that no surgery had actually been done on the original herniated disc. Cash recommended surgery to ease the new discomfort and repair the original issue, according to court documents. And immediately after that surgery, Orth said, most of the discomfort decreased.

“I could stand up when I needed to get up,” Orth stated. “I was normal. I might stroll.”

But not all the news was good. Cash told Orth he would need at least two spine fusion surgical treatments before he turns 50, and suggested he never ever play football once more.

The news crushed Orth, he stated.

“What do you do?” he said. “You do not anticipate to have it eliminated.”

Capanna, who also testifed Friday, said his surgery on Orth did cause the pain. But that was a threat Orth knew about prior to the surgical treatment, the medical professional said. Capanna likewise stated he operated on the correct disc, the L5-S1.

“I hurt Beau,” Capanna stated. “I am sorry.”

The trial is anticipated to wrap early next week.

Contact press reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com!.?.! or 702-383-4638. Find him on Twitter: @ColtonLochhead

Judge: Incorrect $50,000 restitution in hepatitis case will certainly stand

Friday, July 24, 2015|3:11 p.m.

. A federal judge says error or not a center chief connected to the biggest medical office hepatitis C break out in Nevada history will pay $50,000 in restitution to overbilled insurers and business, not $2.2 million district attorneys looked for.

District Judge Larry Hicks ruled Wednesday that Tonya Rushing’s sentence would stand. Rushing pleaded guilty in 2014 to conspiracy to dedicate healthcare fraud.

U.S. Lawyer Daniel Bogden said the $50,000 was intended to be credited toward a last amount yet to be determined. He says in a filing that divvying out the $50,000 to 594 insurance companies and companies owed money would provide just 169 of them more than $10 each.

Hicks states prosecutors didn’t look for the repair within 14 days and had accepted the earlier language setting the restitution at $50,000.