Tag Archives: threatens

Ax-wielding female climbs up fence, threatens kids on North Las Vegas play area

NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV (FOX5) –

A female holding a pick ax and shouting hazards climbed up a wire mesh fence at a North Las Vegas elementary school Tuesday, according to North Las Vegas Police.

It happened at Williams Elementary on the 3000 block of East Tonopah Opportunity in North Las Vegas at around twelve noon, NLVPD public info officer Eric Leavitt stated. There had to do with 200 kids on the play ground at the time.

“It was so frightening,” 4th grader Gael Duarte stated. “I heard a girl shrieking ‘I’m going to eliminate you.’ I saw a girl shouting at all of us with an ax next to her.”

Officers arrested 33-year-old Kisstal Killough in connection with the situation. Inning accordance with cops, reacting officers showed up within a minute of the initial call. Killough leapt off the fence, dropped the pick ax, and gave up quietly, according to cops.

“I was having tears in my eyes,” 4th grader Naomi Ramirez said. “I was shaking. My good friends attempted to calm me down however I couldn’t do it.”

The principal of Williams Elementary sent out the following letter to households:

February 27, 2018

Tom Williams Households,

The safety of our trainees is the top priority at Tom Williams Elementary School. As constantly, we wish to keep you informed of crucial issues happening within our school community.

We wish to let you know that earlier today, an adult, not associated with our school, attempted to climb up a fence to trespass on our school. Staff and trainees discovered the female and police was called.

Officers from the North Las Vegas Police Department reacted immediately and took the lady into custody prior to she could access the playground location. The woman did not harm anyone or cause any damage to the school.

I wish to thank the North Las Vegas Authorities Department for their fantastic action time to our call, and I would also like to thank our personnel and trainees for looking out and taking the proper actions.

This occurrence acts as a crucial opportunity to remind our moms and dads and trainees of safe practices and to look out for each other. If you or your child notices something suspicious or an individual on school who does not have a CCSD ID, please inform among our team member right away.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call our school at 702-799-7179.

Thank you,

Kristie Cole

Principal

Leavitt said she was either mentally impaired or was under the impact of drugs.

Stay with FOX5 for updates.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights booked.

Polices: Weapons found after teenager threatens to '' shoot up ' high school

LOS ANGELES (AP/Meredith)– An alert security personnel overheard a trainee threatening to open fire at his Southern California high school days after a massacre in Florida, and a speedy examination exposed two assault rifles and almost 100 high-capacity publications at his house, authorities stated Wednesday.

Although the 17-year-old claimed his comment was a joke and detectives didn’t reveal a particular plot, the head of the country’s largest sheriff’s department said it reveals the need to take every possible threat seriously.

“This is an example of something that could have potentially went down that course, however didn’t,” Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell said, referencing the Florida high school shooting last week that eliminated 17. “As we see these incidents take place one after another, we’re all seeking to state how do we stop this?”

A national organization that tracks school risks says it’s recorded about 50 a day usually because the Florida shooting, compared to about 10 a day typically.

School security officer Marino Chavez heard the teenager state Friday at El Camino High School near the city of Whittier that he was “going to soar the school at some point in the next 3 weeks” and reported the remark to authorities, McDonnell stated.

Chavez stated he asked the trainee about the danger, and the teen verified that he made it but was just kidding and didn’t suggest it. The teenager had apparently been upset that an instructor informed him he could not wear headphones in the classroom, the guard said.

“I’m not a hero. I was just doing my job,” Chavez stated at a news conference.

Deputies browsed the teen’s home and found two AR-15 rifles, 90 high-capacity publications and 2 pistols, consisting of one that was left in a corridor laundry basket, the sheriff said.

The teen, who had a comprehensive disciplinary history at the school, was arrested on suspicion of making a criminal risk and remained in custody, McDonnell said.

His 28-year-old bro, Daniel Eriberto Barcenas, informed deputies that he acquired the guns while serving in the Army in Texas. Among the rifles wasn’t registered, which is a felony in California, McDonnell said.

The brother is facing charges of ownership of an assault weapon, importing a high-capacity publication and other infractions.

The bros coped with their moms and dads, and there was no sign the moms and dads devoted a criminal activity, authorities stated.

“We take all the dangers we receive seriously,” he stated. “Anytime we can get an opportunity to avoid something like that happening, all of us come away from that really relieved.”

School threats growing across the country given that the Florida shooting include dozens on social media, about 10 occurrences where a weapon was brought to school and 22 bomb dangers, stated Amy Klinger, director of programs for the Ohio-based Educators School Security Network.

An Oregon high school student was detained Wednesday on suspicion of disorderly conduct after cops state he sent out a social networks message to a lady at another high school reading, “I am the shooter!” The 15-year-old young boy said the message was a joke.

A Montana high school student was charged Tuesday with intimidation and attack with a weapon over numerous threats to “soar the school.” Court records say the 18-year-old told private investigators he was joking and regretted frightening students.

A Vermont teen pleaded innocent Friday to attempted worsened murder and other offenses after writing in a diary that he had “big plans” to kill as lots of as he could at his former high school.

In Northern California, police stated they recuperated a firearm from the home of an 11-year-old young boy who had actually barricaded himself in a Santa Cruz class Tuesday and prepared to harm particular students.

___

Associated Press writers Amanda Lee Myers in Los Angeles, Janie Har in San Francisco, Andrew Welsh-Huggins in Columbus, Ohio, and Lisa Rathke in Montpelier, Vermont, contributed to this report.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights scheduled. This product may not be released, broadcast, reworded or rearranged.

Broadening overseas drilling threatens

Friday, Feb. 9, 2018|2 a.m.

View more of the Sun’s viewpoint section

4 days into the brand-new year, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke unveiled a strategy to open more than 90 percent of federal overseas waters to new oil and gas advancement, affecting practically every mile of coastline along the continental United States and Alaska.

The single largest expansion ever proposed, this Draft Proposed Program requires auctioning off ocean territories of the National Outer Continental Rack in pieces, with 47 lease sales proposed from 2019 to 2024. This is more than quadruple the variety of lease sales used in the existing program, finalized under the Obama administration and designed to stay in impact until 2022.

To hear drilling supporters inform it, the Trump administration’s quote to discard the existing strategy in favor of this abrupt and significant offshore drilling growth is a “accountable” relocation tailored towards “energy supremacy.” Yet chosen authorities, entrepreneur, fishing market agents, recreationalists, ecological advocates and seaside homeowners are joining in opposition to this proposition, which is extensively interpreted as negligent and short-sighted.

More than 300,000 Americans have sent remarks opposing broadened offshore drilling, explaining that it jeopardizes neighborhood health and wellness and locks us into nonrenewable fuel source reliance for decades. Anybody who remembers the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico understands that by the time a rig surge has claimed lives and a toxic plume has oiled a shoreline, it’s too late to reverse course. On the other hand, this aggressive new leasing plan is continuing in tandem with a push to roll back safety guidelines enacted in the consequences of Deepwater Horizon, specifically to avoid a repeat circumstance.

While drilling supporters prefer to highlight theoretical benefits like low oil rates and task development, it needs to be clear by now that overseas drilling is not a financial advantage. Every coastal neighborhood in America can reap financial gain from healthy ocean communities, fishing, leisure and tourist. Filthy, contaminating oil rigs just threaten these financial chauffeurs provided by nature.

Federal fossil fuel advancement eventually racks up more public expenses than benefits, putting taxpayers on the hook for decommissioning oil well and oil spill clean-ups. Transitioning away from nonrenewable fuel sources is a smarter financial option in the long run. Even today, the Department of Energy’s own analysis reveals there are more task opportunities and new employment capacity in the clean energy sector than in the nonrenewable fuel source industry.

New overseas energy advancement likewise presents unpleasant implications for national security. For one, it can hamstring military readiness by installing drilling rigs in tactically crucial locations. The Pentagon and NASA have actually long revealed reservations about overseas Atlantic energy development, which would interfere with existing marine operations and other defense programs.

In a broader sense, extracting and burning offshore oil reserves would just intensify environment modification, which is significantly understood to be a nationwide security matter. As the world warms, intensified dry spell, wildfires, sea level increase, and unpredictable growing seasons will all bring destabilizing results.

Tidy and renewable resource sources, on the other hand, are more climate-friendly and resistant, since prices and supply aren’t connected to the unpredictable worldwide oil market.

Rather than pursue this irresponsible path towards climate disturbance, the United States need to be dealing with other countries to decrease the world’s dependence on fossil fuels and develop the renewable resource innovations of the future. This strategy not only wastes important time however likewise leads us toward perilous consequences. The Department of Interior itself estimated a 75 percent opportunity of a major oil spill occurring from simply one lease sale in the Chukchi Sea of the Alaskan Arctic, where the nearby Coast Guard base is 1,000 miles away.

In addition to catastrophic oil disasters like Exxon Valdez and Deepwater Horizon, small yet harmful spills occur on a daily basis. In the Gulf of Mexico, more than 10,000 spills have actually been taped this years, its waters blighted by 27,000 abandoned, dripping wells. Nor is government geared up to respond: Federal government Accountability Workplace reports show that Interior and its Bureau of Security and Environment Enforcement have failed in their mandates to cultivate a culture of safety and compliance in overseas oil and gas advancement.

Interior’s reckless brand-new offshore leasing proposition threatens our marine and seaside environments, economies, national security and environment, all for the benefit of an unsustainable market. The quote to expand offshore drilling while rolling back vital offshore drilling security policies is not only extraordinarily harmful, it’s antithetical to the whole objective of the federal firm– which is to manage responsibly our public ocean waters on behalf of the American people.

Marissa Knodel is an associate legislative counsel with the Policy & & Legislation group at Earthjustice in Washington. She wrote this for InsideSources.com.

Police: Man threatens to pull gun over incorrect taco order

Tuesday, July 18, 2017|9:49 a.m.

LOS ALAMOS, N.M.– A New Mexico male is dealing with charges after cops say he threatened to pull a gun on a taco shop worker for giving him the incorrect order.

The Los Alamos Display reports that Lex Norman Deines was apprehended Sunday following a heated exchange with a staff member at Rigoberto’s Taco Store near among the nation’s best weapons laboratories.

Los Alamos Police Department Cpl. Jemuel Montoya states a staff member stated Deines assured to obtain a weapon from his vehicle over the apparently botched tacos. Witnesses said they heard the risk.

The 48-year-old Deines was booked at the Los Alamos County Detention Center and is dealing with disorderly conduct and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.

It was not known if he had an attorney. The store is near Los Alamos laboratory.

Hacker threatens to release stolen copies of Netflix series

Image

Taylor Schilling, center, portrays Piper Kerman, whose memoirs are the basis for the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black.

Friday, April 28, 2017|7:10 p.m.

SAN FRANCISCO– A hacker declares to have actually taken the upcoming season of Netflix’s hit series “Orange Is The New Black,” and is demanding that the video streaming service pay an undefined ransom to prevent all the brand-new episodes from being prematurely released online.

The hacker, operating under the name The Dark Overlord, has currently supposedly uploaded the very first episode to a prohibited file-sharing service. The Associated Press might not lawfully confirm the authenticity of that submitted file.

New episodes of “Orange” are scheduled for main release on June 9.

Netflix stated that a little production vendor that deals with a number of major TV studios had actually suffered a breach. The Los Gatos, California, business described it as an “active situation” that’s being investigated by the FBI and other authorities.

Pirated copies of “Orange” could damage Netflix’s subscriber growth and the company’s stock cost.

In the ransom note, The Dark Overlord claimed to have actually stolen series from other studios, too, by getting into a single company. The purported hacker guaranteed to also release those titles unless “modest” ransoms are paid.

Reports of an enormous leak of Hollywood movies and TV episodes have been flowing online for months, fed by purported screenshots of the video footage and a copy of a proposed deal to erase the taken product in return for 10s of thousands of dollars in electronic currency.

When the AP contacted The Dark Overlord in February, the hacker said the purloined video wouldn’t be made openly available after all, making the far-fetched claim that “no one truly (cares) about unreleased motion pictures and TV show episodes.”

It’s not clear what set off The Dark Overload’s restored ransom needs.

Netflix is relying on “Orange” to help it add 3.2 million subscribers from April through June. That’s significantly higher than the company’s typical gain of 1.8 million customers in the same period over the previous five years.

Whenever Netflix’s quarterly subscriber gains fall shy of management’s forecasts, the company’s stock usually plunges.