Tag Archives: veteran

2 arrested in Henderson beating death of veteran, 71

Image

Henderson Police Anthony Andolina By Ricardo Torres-Cortez ( contact) Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017|7:20 p.m.

. A man and a juvenile are dealing with a murder charge following a prolonged examination into the death of a military veteran who suffered deadly injuries in a whipping previously this year, inning accordance with Henderson cops.

Robert Gamboa, 71, passed away several months after the April 2 incident in the 100 block of Water Street, cops said.

Anthony Andolina, 20, was detained on Friday on a murder warrant, cops stated. The unidentified youth was jailed the following day.

Gamboa had actually argued with a group of people before he was attacked by the suspects, inning accordance with cops, who were called about 9:20 p.m.

More details were not provided.

Anyone with additional information is asked to call Henderson authorities at 702-267-4750. To stay confidential, contact Criminal activity Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or crimestoppersofnv.com

Gilbert dealership gives truck to veteran who conserved dozens during Vegas shooting

GILBERT, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) –

B5 Motors in Gilbert is distributing a totally free truck to a veteran who conserved dozens of lives during the frightening Las Vegas shooting last Sunday.

Marine veteran Taylor Winston is being hailed a hero after conserving dozens of lives during the mass shooting when he stole a truck and transferred seriously injured victims to the health center.

[RELATED: Marine veteran took stranger’s truck to own Las Vegas shooting victims to health center]

Shane Beus, owner of B5 Motors in Gilbert, was overcome by the heartbreaking stories coming out of Vegas following the shooting. The team was especially amazed with the veteran and his rescue efforts.

[SEE RAW VIDEO: Vegas hero Taylor Winston accepts keys from Shane Bues of B5 Motors]

On Oct. 4, B5 Motors connected through social networks requesting the public’s help to find Winston. Later that day, B5 Motors and Winston touched.

[MORE: FBI searches Las Vegas gunman’s

home once again] B5 Motors used Winston a brand-new Ford F-150 to honor him and express appreciation for his bravery, courage and American spirit. Winston got the truck Monday.

“It’s been truly tough to even get myself to come out here and accept a gift of this quality,” Winston stated after taking the pickup for a short test drive.

During the night of the terrible shooting, Winston was at the Route 91 Harvest Festival country music show when the gunman unfortunately took 58 lives and injured almost 500 from the 32nd-floor window of his Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino room.

After getting to safety Winston and his buddy searched for ways to assist those still in risk. That is when he saw type in a truck in a lot near the venue and didn’t be reluctant to jump into action.

[CONTINUING PROTECTION:

Las Vegas mass shooting] [RELATED: ‘I’m going to pass away’: worry grips Vegas strip; gunman kills 59]

Winston stated on CNN it took him 2 journeys from the festival premises to the medical facility.

Winston, 29, said Monday that he does not like being called a hero.

“There are so many others that have not been given as much credit as I,” he said, discussing that a number of people, consisting of a female with a broken back from an earlier unassociated incident, helped victims into the truck at the scene then from the truck at the health center.

Winston stated he hopes he can be “a face of some inspiration and hope in a time of darkness.”

The vet stated he simply did what he needed to do, and he’s not alone.

“There are so lots of people out there like me in our community, and, I make sure, across America, that would do the exact same,” he said. “It’s been excellent having a story like that out there versus, you understand, a single person who’s simply extremely evil.”

Winston stated he plans on selling his current car and will donate the profits to the Vegas victims.

“Ideally everybody keeps heading out and delighting in these celebrations,” he said. “I understand for myself and all my good friends, it’s the very best part of the year. You cannot let something like this stop us.”

Click/tap here to download the complimentary azfamily mobile app.

Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights scheduled.

Gilbert dealership provides free truck to veteran who saved dozens during Vegas shooting

GILBERT, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) –

B5 Motors in Gilbert is handing out a complimentary truck to a veteran who saved dozens of lives throughout the terrifying Las Vegas shooting last Sunday.

Marine veteran Taylor Winston is being hailed a hero after conserving dozens of lives throughout the mass shooting when he took a truck and transferred seriously hurt victims to the health center.

[RELATED: Marine veteran took stranger’s truck to own Las Vegas shooting victims to health center]

Shane Beus, owner of B5 Motors in Gilbert, was overcome by the heartbreaking stories coming out of Vegas following the shooting. The group was especially amazed with the veteran and his rescue efforts.

[ENJOY RAW VIDEO: Vegas hero Taylor Winston accepts secrets from Shane Bues of B5 Motors]

On Oct. 4, B5 Motors reached out through social media requesting the public’s assistance to find Winston. Later that day, B5 Motors and Winston were in contact.

[MORE: FBI searches Las Vegas shooter’s

home again] B5 Motors offered Winston a new Ford F-150 to honor him and reveal appreciation for his bravery, guts and American spirit. Winston picked up the truck Monday.

“It’s been truly tough to even get myself to come out here and accept a gift of this caliber,” Winston stated after taking the pickup for a brief test drive.

Throughout the night of the terrible shooting, Winston was at the Path 91 Harvest Celebration country music concert when the gunman unfortunately took 58 lives and injured almost 500 from the 32nd-floor window of his Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino room.

After getting to safety Winston and his buddy searched for ways to help those still in risk. That is when he saw type in a truck in a lot near the location and didn’t be reluctant to jump into action.

[CONTINUING PROTECTION:

Las Vegas mass shooting] [RELATED: ‘I’m going to die’: worry grips Vegas strip; gunman eliminates 59]

Winston recounted on CNN it took him two journeys from the celebration grounds to the health center.

Winston, 29, said Monday that he does not like being called a hero.

“There are numerous others that have not been provided as much credit as I,” he said, describing that a number of individuals, consisting of a female with a broken back from an earlier unrelated incident, assisted victims into the truck at the scene and after that from the truck at the hospital.

Winston said he hopes he can be “a face of some motivation and hope in a time of darkness.”

The veterinarian stated he simply did exactly what he had to do, and he’s not alone.

“There are so lots of people out there like me in our community, and, I’m sure, across America, that would do the very same,” he said. “It’s been great having a story like that out there versus, you know, one person who’s just incredibly evil.”

Winston said he intends on selling his present automobile and will donate the earnings to the Vegas victims.

“Ideally everybody keeps going out and enjoying these celebrations,” he said. “I know for myself and all my pals, it’s the very best part of the year. You cannot let something like this stop us.”

Click/tap here to download the totally free azfamily mobile app.

Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Video shows woman yelling about veteran'' s service canine in restaurant

An argument broke out after a woman complained about a service dog being allowed inside a Delaware restaurant.  (RJ Wiso/YouTube)< img src= "/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/14978826_G.png" alt=" An argument broke out after a female grumbled about a service pet dog being enabled inside a Delaware dining establishment. (RJ Wiso/YouTube)"

title=” An argument broke out after a female grumbled about a service pet dog being enabled inside a Delaware restaurant. (RJ Wiso/YouTube)” border=” 0″ width= “180”/ > An argument broke out after a lady grumbled about a service canine being permitted inside a Delaware dining establishment. (RJ Wiso/YouTube). DELAWARE CITY, Del. (AP/Meredith)– An argument broke out after a lady complained about a service pet dog being allowed inside a Delaware restaurant. The News Journal in Wilmington reported Wednesday that the video reveals a woman yelling that it’s” nasty” to have the pet in the restaurant. Close by, a guy holds the leash of a Terrific Dane wearing a vest indicating it’s a “PTSD service pet dog.”

The three-minute video shows a little group of people yelling inside Kathy’s Crab Home in Delaware City. As of Wednesday, it had been viewed more than 900,000 times on < a href="

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSdeYpoWBU “> YouTube. The lady in the video, Ciara Miller, informed the paper that she had actually been called racial slurs before the cam was turned on. The veteran, retired U.S. Army Master Sgt. Expense Austin, stated no one stated anything racial to Miller.

Caution: The following video has strong language that may not appropriate for all audiences.

Mobile users, click here to view the initial video.

___

Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material might not be released, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Veteran public broadcasting exec to lead Nevada Arts Council

Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017|1:29 p.m.

CARSON CITY– A longtime public broadcasting executive in Nevada has been called the brand-new boss of the state’s arts council.

Claudia Vecchio, director of the Nevada Department of Tourist and Cultural Affairs, announced Thursday’s visit of Tony Manfredi as director of the Nevada Arts Council. Created in 1967, the council is a division of her department.

Manfredi spent 11 years with KNPB Channel 5, northern Nevada’s PBS member station. The native Nevadan most just recently served as senior vice president of content and marketing.

Vechhio said he has “incredible management and organizational knowledge” along with a solid background of advocacy and cooperation with artists and arts entities.

Manfredi states arts and culture have played a key role in his quality of in Nevada. He assumes the brand-new post Sept. 11.

A passing away veteran'' s last wish: Text me

(Source: Facebook/Arizona Veterans Forum)< img src=" /wp-content/uploads/2017/07/14387632_G.jpg" alt="( Source: Facebook/Arizona Veterans Online forum)"

title=”( Source: Facebook/Arizona Veterans Online forum)” border=” 0″ width=” 180″/ > (Source: Facebook/Arizona Veterans Forum). NEW BRAUNFELS, TX (MEREDITH)– An Army veteran in Texas has a final request: He desires texts, from anyone who will send them.

Lee Hernandez, 47, is suffering from an unidentified illness that is making his body deteriorate. He has actually currently undergone three brain surgeries. He’s presently residing in hospice care at his home in New Braunfels.

Hernandez’s spouse, Ernestine Hernandez, informed the Arizona Republic all he wishes to do is talk with people. He remains in intense pain, but he still asks his better half to hang on to his phone “in case somebody calls.”

However the phone didn’t ring. Ernestine took matters into her own hands, contacting a support system to assist drum up some call. She got some help from a member of an Arizona veterans group on Facebook, Michelle Fawbush, whose July 11 post struck a chord with the neighborhood.

Ever since Fawbush’s Facebook post, Hernandez’s phone has actually been sounding nonstop, Fawbush informed the Arizona Republic. The volume of calls has actually forced Ernestine to request people just text and not call.

Hernandez served 18 years in the United States Army with a trip in Iraq. If you wish to talk with Lee Hernandez, you can text -LRB-210-RRB- 632-6778. Hernandez is blind, however text are welcome, and Ernestine will read them to him.

Veteran'' s continues to be return house after 65 years

(Source: Family)(Source: Household).
(Source: WMC Action News 5)(Source: WMC Action News 5).

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -.

A reunion 65 years in the making happened Sunday.

During the Korean War, Corporal George H. Mason was reported missing out on in action. Now, his family finally has the closure they have actually been waiting for.

With an escort of Patriot Guard Riders leading the way, Corporal Mason’s remains went back to the Memphis Airport for an unique homecoming and honor guard.

“The corporal was KIA back during the Korean War and they finally recuperated his body; that’s 65 years after he was noticable killed in action,” stated Patriot Guard Johnny Rivera.

Relative say during those 65 years, they know little about exactly what took place to Mason. His more youthful brother stated Mason was recorded in February of 1951 and was thought to have passed away quickly after.

“He disappeared together with about 200 more,” said George’s bro Albert Mason.

Mason was just 10 years old when his bro was reported missing out on. Throughout the welcome home ceremony, he stood with other family members and pals to give the war veteran a hero’s welcome.

“Oh it’s the greatest thing on the planet, this is something truly.”

Traffic virtually stood still as relative, good friends and veterans escorted the hearse carrying Mason’s stays to Brantley Funeral service House in Olive Branch.

Members of the Patriot Guard said Mason and every other soldier has to be honored for their service, and they said whenever you see a veteran, thank them

“Thank a veteran, since we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for each one of these veterans that have actually served in the past,” Rivera stated.

Visitation for Corporal Mason is Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. and open to the general public at Brantley Funeral service House, where his funeral will also be held Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Copyright 2015 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Army veteran stops attack on Las Vegas pit bull

Lee Coffman pets Blue on Oct. 6, 2015, after rescuing her from an attack by two men in east Las Vegas. (Rachel Moore/FOX5)Lee Coffman animals Blue on Oct. 6, 2015, after rescuing her from an attack by 2 guys in east Las Vegas. (Rachel Moore/FOX5).
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -.

Lee Coffman stated he couldn’t think his eyes Monday night when, during a storm, he saw 2 guys attacking a pit bull.

“I had actually just seen 2 individuals kicking a pet, like up against the wall,” Coffman said.

Coffman, an Army veteran, stated he was driving near the crossway of Flamingo Road and Nellis Boulevard when he saw the awful experience unfolding. He stated he didn’t wish to begin problem with the pair, but he couldn’t allow the attack to continue.

“I jumped out, and I was hollering at them when I was making the u-turn,” Coffman stated. “I returned, opened my door and as soon as I opened my door, they took off.”

Less than a mile away, Erik Morrison was searching for his family’s 9-year-old dog called Blue. He said that the puppy is frightened of storms and aims to leave each time there’s a roll. On Monday, she succeeded.

“I in fact rested outside last night, just hoping she would return, and she never did,” Morrison stated.

Coffman said that Blue was understandably shaken after the attack, so he kept her at his place overnight and took her to the veterinarian on Tuesday. The medical professional treated her and scanned her microchip. Then, she was off to be reunited with the Morrisons.

“She’s a member of the family,” a grateful Morrison said. “You cannot simply abandon a member of the family or quit looking.”

Morrison stated this story serves as an example of the benefits of microchipping animals.

Copyright 2015 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.